Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Avenue - Long Branch?

Went this past Saturday w/some friends from school. Haven't been in that area for about 2 years. Hit the Reed club (think that's the name) 1st. Okay time but just too much hip hop for a crowd like that... but a nice place, Then walked the boardwalk to the area u people are talking about. Friendly people, decent jams... overall a nice, different experience (especially when you have the beach right there).

:shades:

No doubt, def a HOT SPOT for the Jersey heads....

Check it out this WEDNESDAY.

July 12th the Grand Opening of SKY Wednesdays at Avenue/Le Club in Pier Village...

2 Hour KETEL ONE Open Bar 9-11.

Music by resident dj JAHRED and Speical Guest A-List dj UNIQUE

No Cover all night! Do Not miss this event!!

wed_bk.sized.jpg

The place is hot - Dj Unique is there a few times a month on friday nights but i haven't been - Saturday night is insane place is mobbed, upscale table service and all. The outside terrace has a pool, overlooks the ocean, and there's a huge fireplace. Music both times was on point. It's a great place to do a table and vibe with your friends.

FYI - Long Branch is a small shore community that recently blew the fuck up, exit 105

a) all of NYC was at this place on Sat (except for the Morrisey twins) and we STILL could not get in...it was INSANE...so we went to the sushi bar across the street and got hammmerred...running around the pavillion like a bunch of overdressed retards...I was told to get there early but my friends were running late, what else is new

the guys workin the door were rude and obnoxious, the guy with the list (somone we know) didnt even want to talk to us and the hostess was a real bitch....in other words....we'll be back next week LOL

B) went back on Sun cause we didnt want to spend $30 for Surf, the roof was closed (just my luck) but my girl really wanted some seafood so we got oysters, mussels, crabcakes, etc. ...the food was EHHHH

The place is GORGEOUS but the service sucked ass...the drinks tasted like toilet water so I went up to the bartender myself and told him to remake them...he is officially afraid of me

I cant rate the club part since its harder to get in that Fort Knox ...I actually talked a black bouncner to sneak me upstairs, it looked awesome but I was afraid he was gonna molest me so I booked...but I promise to post a review once I get in hahaha

FYI - Long Branch is a small shore community that recently blew the fuck up, exit 105

a) all of NYC was at this place on Sat (except for the Morrisey twins) and we STILL could not get in...it was INSANE...so we went to the sushi bar across the street and got hammmerred...running around the pavillion like a bunch of overdressed retards...I was told to get there early but my friends were running late, what else is new

the guys workin the door were rude and obnoxious, the guy with the list (somone we know) didnt even want to talk to us and the hostess was a real bitch....in other words....we'll be back next week LOL

B) went back on Sun cause we didnt want to spend $30 for Surf, the roof was closed (just my luck) but my girl really wanted some seafood so we got oysters, mussels, crabcakes, etc. ...the food was EHHHH

The place is GORGEOUS but the service sucked ass...the drinks tasted like toilet water so I went up to the bartender myself and told him to remake them...he is officially afraid of me

I cant rate the club part since its harder to get in that Fort Knox ...I actually talked a black bouncner to sneak me upstairs, it looked awesome but I was afraid he was gonna molest me so I booked...but I promise to post a review once I get in hahaha

This made my day! I could not stop laughing! Thanks, Cynstam!

As far as the club, I went on Thursday with a friend. First we ate...and as Cynstam said, the food was not good. We only had appetizers and what a complete rip off! We ordered a dozen oysters on the half shell ($ 5.50 an oyster..ridiculous!) Then we shared a lobster tartain...$ 24 and it was literally 5 bites a piece! We also shared a salad, another waste of money ...I think it was $ 14 and it was JUST a salad, nothing special. We had martinis.

$ 12 a piece. We wer not in Manhattan, so I think we should not be charged Manhattan prices.

We then went upstairs...nice pool, but half of the club was filled with everyone from Staten Island with wayyyyy too much cologne on, and the other half was Syrain Jew City. There was also a very large older crowd. 40 & up. Maybe because it was Thursday. I judt did not like the place from the get go. I agree with Cynstam on the hostess'. They really are bitches. When me and my girlfriend first walked into the restaurant, they gave us both the whole look down. From our hair, bags, clothes and shoes. I wanted to say, what the fuck are you looking at with your $ 8.00 and hour job???

So, we just had a really bad experience as well as a very expensive night! When we were in the club we switched to wine. $ 12.00 a fucking glass! I am not cheap when I go out, but I don't know who the hell they think they are at these prices!!! It's only Long Branch, not South Beach.

I think I will stick with Elements down the street!

So if you go, bring some serious cash.

Yea, I agree with some of the things said in the post above, This place is UNTOUCHABLE on weekends, your better off hitting up Elements or Mixx.

HOWEVER during the week we have a much more RELAXED door policy and atmosphere....If ya had a hard time getting in, a bad experince with the staff or just wanna give it another shot PLEASE come check out the all new Wednesdays there. No COVER, No Lines, No bullshit...

Last week was insane and you won't be sorry. We have guest dj's such as Klutch, Unique, Romeo and more coming up every Wednesday along with Jahred...I will personally take you to the bar and the first drink's on me....Just ask for Johnny Marc....

aveweeklyskyuy1.jpg

We then went upstairs...nice pool, but half of the club was filled with everyone from Staten Island with wayyyyy too much cologne on, and the other half was Syrain Jew City. There was also a very large older crowd. 40 & up.

LMFAO!!!! That's b/c the next town over, Deal, is the Syrian Jew capital of the world...hahahahha...but seriously everyone is lookin for the 'older crowd' but this is just too old and extremely snotty ...what do u expect when they're 3 Ferraris, a Bently, and a Maserati parked out front

I will give it another shot though, just not sure what night, place is too beautiful to just overlook

I think I will stick with Elements down the street!

How far down is Elements?? I though it was in Sea Girt, that's not really down the street? past Belmar I believe...What night is good there?? Isnt it owned by John Bon Jovi's brother? hehe

Hi Cynstam! That is so true about Deal. The best part about Deal is in the winter when you drive by all those ridiculous houses all closed up because they all went back to Brooklyn for the winter!

I don't know when we will be back at Avenue, but like you said, it is worth giving it another shot...it is really pretty upstairs.

Elements is in Sea Bright right down the street. (About 5 miles) Do you remember where Tradewinds was before they knocked it down and put up houses? It is like 6 blocks away. If you were leaving Pier Village in Long Branch, make a left at the light. (Ocean AVenue) Continue down about 5 miles, once you pass the light after 7-11 on your left, the very next light, (comes up quick) right on the left is Elements. Next to an amazing restaurant, Anjelica's.(Yum YUM)

If you go, just have somoene sober with you. Sea Bright police dept. is RIGHT across the street :(

go to there website, i think the place is beautiful and you don't get that bitchy, snotty shit from any girl who works there. I think the web is www.elementslounge.com

and yes, jon bon jovi's brother (Matt) is partners with another guy and they own it.

SO have fun if you go! Thanks again for all the laughs!!!!!:funny:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...