Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubs in Portugal???

Hey Everyone,

Im headed to Portugal for two weeks (August 8 - 23). Staying in the Lisbon area for a week and then down to the Algarve (Albufeira) for a week. Anyone know of any good clubs in these particular areas or a site that will give me any information??

Thanks,

Jeremy

Lux is the best nightclub in Lisbon. This is where DJ Vibe has his monthly residency. Don't go there before 2AM, and don't dress like a schlep, or you won't get in.

Also might want to try Kremlin, but check who is playing there first...

Club Lua gets some good talent now and again.

For a trendy, pretentious crowd, with hot girls and subpar music, go to Kapital (tough door policy).

Lisbon is not a huge city, there isn't a whole lot to do there tbh (still had a great time nevertheless).

i was there last summer and eddie pretty much summed it up

i went out in barrio alto with a friend that lives there and had a pretty good time @ these small cuban bars...

the docks are ur last resort..thats just mad cheese spec...i went there for like 8 minutes

Kadoc and Kremlin are def's to check out. And as was said -Lux is you really wanna hear the good shit.

In Algarve - ALbufeira try Kiss and def. hit up Rua dos Bars. It will be the craziest drinking night you will ever have and you bounce back and forth between all these club/bars. Best part? Everyone speaks english cause its all foreigner's.

Have a good time. Enjoy Portugal. Unfortunately I will be missing this year at home.

Thanks for all of your info. Ill definitely try and check some of these clubs. Looking forward to a good time!!!

As far as the Europeans disliking Americans (Ill certainly take your advice) but I think Europeans mostly dislike our (foreign) policies and the administration, not necessarily all the American people. We'll see though.

Again thanks.

i had no problems over there...no one cares if ur "american"...the only awkward moment for me was when a cabbie told me to stop speaking spanish to him cause its insulting :laugh: ..i was just tryin to help

I had the same problem a couple of times. The Portuguese are proud of being Portuguese, and while many speak Spanish, some aren't too fond of the Spanish and would prefer not to be spoken to automatically in Spanish.

And yeah, people don't hate Americans per se in Europe, they for the most part loathe the American government and think George Bush is a moron. As long as you don't come across as an overly nationalistic toolbox who has a hard on for George Bush, you'll be fine. In three years of living in Europe I've not once had an issue because I was American.

i had no problems over there...no one cares if ur "american"...the only awkward moment for me was when a cabbie told me to stop speaking spanish to him cause its insulting :laugh: ..i was just tryin to help

of course u didnt have any problems...you dont look american...