Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone ever been to Amsterdam ??

Suggest some nice hotel and shit ,,,,

and possibly some "must see" spots

and suggestions for the best "coffee" shops are always welcome...

thinking about taking a trip to italy, and jumpin the train up there for a day or two

thank you for any input

jonpaul

The NH Krasnapolsky is an amazing hotel, i would compare it to the marriot in times sq. ... and Barney Breakfast Cafe is a good coffee shop, the staff was so burnt when i went. So that was a clear indicator to me that their product is quality!

have fun, great city that has produced alot of great DJ's

Favorite coffeeshop is called Greenhouse. They're always high on the list of the cannabis cup award winners. Other good ones are Abraxas, Rokerij, Dampkring, Kashmir Lounge, Global Chillage . . . There are many others, but those are my favorites.

As for Hotels, I normally stay at the Victoria Hotel, which is right across the street from Centraal Station, and a 5 minute walk from the district. Have also stayed at the Bellevue Hotel. Check here for info on other hotels:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g188590-Amsterdam_Noord_Holland-Hotels.html

Amsterdam is a very small city. There are not too many "must sees". The Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum are great if you are into art. Anne Frank's house is fascinating, but depressing. The nightlife there is okay, imo, I didn't think it was particularly spectacular. 11 is probably the best club there if you want to get away from the mainstream crap. Programming there is mostly minimal, electro. . . Most of the other clubs like Escape, I thought, were horrible.

Watch your belongings and watch out for pickpockets and such in the Red Light District at night in particular. Personally I don't even bother going there at night (although you should see it at least once). Way too shady, and groups of thieves are everywhere.

You only need two to three days in Amsterdam. If you want more suggestions, buy a copy of the Timeout Amsterdam book. It's Amsterdam in a nutshell. Wouldn't have been able to get around without it . . .

EDIT: I have to add, most of the food in the tourist areas is shit, and expensive. Do some homework in publications like Zagat or just on the internet in general in order to find the good places to eat (can't think of them off the top of my head). You can eat very well in Amsterdam, or you can have some really bad food.

Favorite coffeeshop is called Greenhouse. They're always high on the list of the cannabis cup award winners. Other good ones are Abraxas, Rokerij, Dampkring, Kashmir Lounge, Global Chillage . . . There are many others, but those are my favorites.

As for Hotels, I normally stay at the Victoria Hotel, which is right across the street from Centraal Station, and a 5 minute walk from the district. Have also stayed at the Bellevue Hotel. Check here for info on other hotels:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g188590-Amsterdam_Noord_Holland-Hotels.html

Amsterdam is a very small city. There are not too many "must sees". The Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum are great if you are into art. Anne Frank's house is fascinating, but depressing. The nightlife there is okay, imo, I didn't think it was particularly spectacular. 11 is probably the best club there if you want to get away from the mainstream crap. Programming there is mostly minimal, electro. . . Most of the other clubs like Escape, I thought, were horrible.

Watch your belongings and watch out for pickpockets and such in the Red Light District at night in particular. Personally I don't even bother going there at night (although you should see it at least once). Way too shady, and groups of thieves are everywhere.

You only need two to three days in Amsterdam. If you want more suggestions, buy a copy of the Timeout Amsterdam book. It's Amsterdam in a nutshell. Wouldn't have been able to get around without it . . .

EDIT: I have to add, most of the food in the tourist areas is shit, and expensive. Do some homework in publications like Zagat or just on the internet in general in order to find the good places to eat (can't think of them off the top of my head). You can eat very well in Amsterdam, or you can have some really bad food.

I loved the Dampkring. Smoked the illest orange haze, and warlock from that place. The tree in the middle reminded me of the keebler elves.

the Van Gogh museum is such a great museum, you can really see the progression of his madness through his work.

I loved the Dampkring. Smoked the illest orange haze, and warlock from that place. The tree in the middle reminded me of the keebler elves.

the Van Gogh museum is such a great museum, you can really see the progression of his madness through his work.

Pink Floyd was one of my fav coffee shops.. probably cuz i love pink floyd and their space cakes were awesome :screwy:

Van Gogh museum was awesome.. and definately check out the Heineken museum.. that was fun :D

awewsome info guys

I am in the "I think this is a good idea" phase...

mostly I want to go to italy, since I just got a passport and all I got is a trip to japan on it .....and I am 100% Italian, so got to make the pilgrimage.

I will def look into those hotels

this is mostly a Coffee shop trip to amsterdam, so prob skip the van gogh museum....lol

Alright, let me give you my crazy Amsterdam story...

I went there 6 years ago, right after my first time in Ibza. We had been in Ibiza for 5 days (me and my chick) and had slept... I don't know 6 hours maybe. So we get to the dam, go straight to some coffee shop and get a gram of white widow. This is about a year after that shit won the cup.

So we roast this gram, and we are FUCKED UP. Get back to the hotel room, it's spinning, and some serious paranoia is kicking in. I decide I have to take a shower, I'll feel better. WRONG.

I couldn't take it, I thought my girl was sneaking up on me with scissors to kill me, so every 20 secnods I was peaking around the curtain to see if she was coming.

I get out of the shower and that passes, i open the door to the hallway and BAM, huge red stain between our door and the elevator. Naturally I assume this to be a blood stain. I figure someone was stabbed in our room, tried to get to the lift, and died in the hallway. So by now I'm freaking out, looking under the bed, in the closet to see if anyone's hiding.

I go downstairs and ask the people in the store next to the hotel when was there a murder at the hotel... naturally I get looked at like a psycho.

I go back upstairs, tell my girl that everyone is against us and we're getting out of here. Back to the US. She finally convinces me to sleep on it. About an hour into our sleep, she wakes up and tells me that there's bugs in the bed. I take the sheets off, throw the mattress onto the floor. No bugs. So I remake the bed and go back to bed. Same thing happened two more times that night.

The next day everything was cool, I think it was a fruit punch stain in the hall, and there was no death in that hotel.

:funny:

Alright, let me give you my crazy Amsterdam story...

I went there 6 years ago, right after my first time in Ibza. We had been in Ibiza for 5 days (me and my chick) and had slept... I don't know 6 hours maybe. So we get to the dam, go straight to some coffee shop and get a gram of white widow. This is about a year after that shit won the cup.

So we roast this gram, and we are FUCKED UP. Get back to the hotel room, it's spinning, and some serious paranoia is kicking in. I decide I have to take a shower, I'll feel better. WRONG.

I couldn't take it, I thought my girl was sneaking up on me with scissors to kill me, so every 20 secnods I was peaking around the curtain to see if she was coming.

I get out of the shower and that passes, i open the door to the hallway and BAM, huge red stain between our door and the elevator. Naturally I assume this to be a blood stain. I figure someone was stabbed in our room, tried to get to the lift, and died in the hallway. So by now I'm freaking out, looking under the bed, in the closet to see if anyone's hiding.

I go downstairs and ask the people in the store next to the hotel when was there a murder at the hotel... naturally I get looked at like a psycho.

I go back upstairs, tell my girl that everyone is against us and we're getting out of here. Back to the US. She finally convinces me to sleep on it. About an hour into our sleep, she wakes up and tells me that there's bugs in the bed. I take the sheets off, throw the mattress onto the floor. No bugs. So I remake the bed and go back to bed. Same thing happened two more times that night.

The next day everything was cool, I think it was a fruit punch stain in the hall, and there was no death in that hotel.

:funny:

damn..:laugh:

is called kadinski, home of the best (and most descriptive) menu in the city! where you simply must try the denali temple black.... and i am quoting them here...

denali temple black

the taste: very tasty

the high; the best there is

worth finding!!!

also highly reccomend taking a festival if possible and bloehmendahl beach (which is something of its own festival every weekend in summer)

def dont need more than 3 days in amsterdam

had a great time though..

also try to take a canal tour.. see a lot in small amount of time

yeah I def dont forsee anything longer then 2 days ...

I was looking into november when the cannabis cup is, but I hear all prices are jacked up around then

canal tour sounds good, as long as they let me smoke on it ...lol

Suggest some nice hotel and shit ,,,,

and possibly some "must see" spots

and suggestions for the best "coffee" shops are always welcome...

thinking about taking a trip to italy, and jumpin the train up there for a day or two

thank you for any input

jonpaul

i been to amsterdam many times, i recommend the golden tulip for hotels, its right in dam square which is 2 blocks from the red light district. it is a little pricey but you cant beat its location.

as for coffee shops

1. dampkring-some of best hash and buds in the whole city

2. grey area-very small but the weed will kick your ass

3.greaenhouse-weed is not the best but you can relax outside by the canal drinking heineken and smoking weed you bought at better coffee shops

4.grasshopper-pretty much a tourist trap like the greenhouse but its cool to chill and drink in

must see spots

1.red light district-its fucking awesome

2.mazzo- one hell of a nightclub

3.van goh museum-nothing beats looking at art pie eyed

4.anne frank house- a history lesson

5.canal boat ride-this way you can see the amazing architecture in this great city. thank god it was not destroyed as most of the rest of europe was during wwII.