Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Baseball Cards

bxbomb

did anyone on here (besides me) watch the baseball card shows on sat night after midnight...when don west used to give away every card under the sun for like $20.00 and each order got a gem mint 10 mark mcgwire rookie card with it...

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek :love:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was sooo into cards back in the day....up until 93 or so. i dont know if i still have them and i dont even care

i do remember that little twinge of excitement of openeing packs and not knowing if you're gonna get that Todd VanPoppel #1 draft pick rookie card that everyone coveted from Topps

he also does tna wrestling...he has the best voice for sales...and yea he got so excited and everything was a once in a lifetime opportunity...but he would do the same exact deal the following week...i dont know if you listen to opie and anthony but anthony has been doing impersonations of him for years...i laugh so much when he does it cause he is right on...is the card show even on anymore???

Antyhony is hilarious

GEMMMMMMM MINT 10

one of the most famous cards ever:

Billy_Ripken.jpg

LOL. That was THE card to have when I was a kid.

There were like 4 different versions of that card. The one you see above, one where "fuck face" was scribbled out, one w/ a black box over it, and one with a white box over it.

I can remember buying an entire box of '89 Fleer in hopes of getting that card. Never did though.

Also, anyone remember all the fuss over the Brien Taylor draft pick card? He was a pitcher in the Yankees minor league system who was supposed to make a huge splash, but never even pitched in the majors.

Also, anyone remember all the fuss over the Brien Taylor draft pick card? He was a pitcher in the Yankees minor league system who was supposed to make a huge splash, but never even pitched in the majors.

yup got into a fight down in North Carolina injured his shoulder and never made it. His mother was doing his negotiating and "wanted VonPoppel money"

the begiinning of the 1million bonus for high school kids

yup got into a fight down in North Carolina injured his shoulder and never made it. His mother was doing his negotiating and "wanted VonPoppel money"

the begiinning of the 1million bonus for high school kids

lol...i remember that

big bad momma knew best and advised and negotiated for her son and in the end left her son with nothing but a good case of laughs from everyone around him. too bad for maurice clarett............ooops, i meant brien taylor

whats ur best pull of a card....mine was a 91' donruss elite legend nolan ryan

that i quickly traded for an 86' fleer jordan rc, 84' donruss joe carter rc and another box of 91 donruss that i pulled another elite george brett. the dealer told me that case had 5 elites in it. i sold that brett for $50 and some kindros rookies i think.

i got out of cards soon after in 91 still not knowin what the ryan elite was worht back then i ve been told like $500 back then anyone remember

Best cards I ever got from a pack had to be when I was buying hockey cards back in 1986. My friends and I were really into street hockey and we used to buy hockey cards as well as baseball cards.

I pulled a Patrick Roy rookie and a Mario Lemieux second year card from those packs.

Also, I pulled a Jerry Rice rookie out of a pack of football cards from the same year I believe. I didn't even know I had it until I was digging through my cards years later. But being that I was into hockey at the time, I traded away the Rice rookie card to someone at school for a Brett Hull rookie card. Still kicking myself for that one.