Clubplanet Nightlife Community

it's friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!â„¢

teamj5

Gurn

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

It has been suggested that Making a face be merged into this article or section. (Discuss)

A fully grown adult human gurningA gurn is a distorted facial expression, and a verb to describe the process. The term is derived from the word for the fish with a rather comical expression, called the gurnard. A typical gurn involves projecting the lower jaw as far forward and up as possible, and covering the upper lip with the lower lip.

Gurning contests are a rural English tradition and are still held in villages. However, the World Gurning Championship is held annually in Egremont, Cumbria. Gurners have also sometimes appeared as a part of travelling sideshows and freakshows. Those with the greatest Gurn capabilities are those with no teeth as this provides greater room to move the jaw father up and in some cases the elderly or unfortunate can be capable of spectacular gurns covering the entire nose.

Well-known living gurners today include Jim Carrey and Rowan Atkinson, who combine their face-making skills with acting to make a career.

The term is also used to describe the facial expressions of people under the influence of the drug ecstasy. "Gurning for the DJ" can take place at dance clubs or parties, where one member of a group - typically using the drug ecstasy - screams "can I get a gurn for the DJ" to call for the rest of the party then pull faces at the DJ.

Users of ecstacy often refer to individual ecstasy tablets as 'Gurns'. Users often also use the term Gurning to describe being under the influence of ecstasy. E.g. "Were you gurning last night?"

The term 'gurning' is used specifically among young people to describe the side effects of ingesting 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) or in its street form, it is often sold as ecstasy. This phonemna is the most common and most recognisable side effect of the drug, and therefore the ingesting of MDMA is commonly referred to as 'gurning': i.e. 'I was gurning my tits off'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurn