Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attn: slickslider

weyes

No, never been. I'd be like a kid in Disneyland though, if I go there. If I ever make it over to California that's a place I won't let myself miss out on. Sadly, the site doesn't have a section with larger images, and none of the small images enlarge. =( But what is really impressive is this, about mini-NYC:

Years before the real Freedom Tower rises at the site of the World Trade Center, we have constructed the monumental skyscraper completely out of LEGO® bricks. Unlike the Freedom Tower in New York City which will take four years to build, LEGOLAND California's structure took four months to create.

Sprouting 28 feet into the sky, the 1/70 scale model includes a "wind farm" in the top portion of the tower, which in the actual structure will use wind-harvesting turbines to generate 20 percent of the building's electricity.

More than two million LEGO bricks are used in the reconstruction of the city that never sleeps.

2 million bricks. That's sick. I shoulda gotten a job working for Legoland or Lego Corp. :doh:

No, never been. I'd be like a kid in Disneyland though, if I go there. If I ever make it over to California that's a place I won't let myself miss out on. Sadly, the site doesn't have a section with larger images, and none of the small images enlarge. =(
i know - suxville about the pics. i looked all over that site to try to find something that would post better, but no such luck.

...you still can...dont sell yourself short like that....

You're right, point taken. People have suggested it to me before but I had never put much thought into it. It was always a hobby and nothing more. Though when I was a kid I was always into drawing spaceships and building models and lego, and writing stories. I had always expected and planned to write professionally, and since that didn't happen and I have wanted to get back to that path for a long time, I just didn't think seriously about chasing a job in Lego. I have wanted to send photos of my city to Lego to see what they would say about it, however, and to see if my city could open up any doors for me, so there is still that possibility. I'll keep my mind open to that. Thanks for the encourangement. :aright:

Thanks babe. Have you seen my website, btw? Did I link you to it before?
i have; that's why i brought up the lego :) . you've got something there.

but sort of phatty was saying, the dream is to be able to make a comfortable living doing what you love. that's part of the ultimate goal in life: to be happy.

...kinda sorta in a sorta kinda way....yesh....we should all strive to make "work" not really "work" but a passion...so rare...it has taken generations to get over the concept that life does not have to just be "making a living" and "working to live"...and we're still not there yet, but in the least people ARE trying to find a better path, imo...

...having a hobby become your means of leaving is what everyone should pursue...unfortunately, no real way to make money off of rubbing one out so i'm stuck running a restaurant...

...kinda sorta in a sorta kinda way....yesh....we should all strive to make "work" not really "work" but a passion...so rare...it has taken generations to get over the concept that life does not have to just be "making a living" and "working to live"...and we're still not there yet, but in the least people ARE trying to find a better path, imo...

Agree 100%. That's where I went wrong with my last job. I had gotten a job in retail just to pay the bills until I got my writing career started, but then I moved into management and began working long hours and being so tired mentally that on my spare time I lost the motivation to work on my writing. And for years I began to hate my job, because instead of working my job to have my life, I spent my life working my job, and never got back to my writing. So I finally walked off the job after 11 years to get away from the stress and get back to my life. And now I'm self employed and working long hours to get a lot done. The money is far better than before, but I'm still to mentally drained to fulfill my writing. But in time, I aim to get that part of my life back on track.

Agree 100%. That's where I went wrong with my last job. I had gotten a job in retail just to pay the bills until I got my writing career started, but then I moved into management and began working long hours and being so tired mentally that on my spare time I lost the motivation to work on my writing. And for years I began to hate my job, because instead of working my job to have my life, I spent my life working my job, and never got back to my writing. So I finally walked off the job after 11 years to get away from the stress and get back to my life. And now I'm self employed and working long hours to get a lot done. The money is far better than before, but I'm still to mentally drained to fulfill my writing. But in time, I aim to get that part of my life back on track.

Good luck.