Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats wrong with NY Nightlife?

I know what's wrong: people trying to relive the past. Lots of new kids are having the time of their life today, the same way we did earlier.

The only thing is you won't find them at Crobar or any big club, and they probably don't listen to House Music anymore ... Life goes on.

I know what's wrong: people trying to relive the past. Lots of new kids are having the time of their life today, the same way we did earlier.

The only thing is you won't find them at Crobar or any big club, and they probably don't listen to House Music anymore ... Life goes on.

true thats a good point, whats ironic is I think house music today is the best it has ever been.. and im not talking about shitty tribal at Boris parties or crappy by the book deephouse songs at Stimulus>Response parties..

true thats a good point, whats ironic is I think house music today is the best it has ever been.. and im not talking about shitty tribal at Boris parties or crappy by the book deephouse songs at Stimulus>Response parties..

I don't like to rain on anyone, but the fun is usually the strongest (I sound like Yoda) where new sounds or scenes are happening. Big clubs featuring Tribal or smaller places featuring Classic Deep House aren't new at all and it's hard for them to live up to the past (it was newer back then and definitely wilder thanks to the city being less expensive and controling). I like both type of parties, and have a great time when I go there, but I don't think this is where the real "time of my life"-time will be spent (I kinda already had it really good so I'm cool with anything really :)).

I don't like to rain on anyone, but the fun is usually the strongest (I sound like Yoda) where new sounds or scenes are happening. Big clubs featuring Tribal or smaller places featuring Classic Deep House aren't new at all and it's hard for them to live up to the past (it was newer back then and definitely wilder thanks to the city being less expensive and controling). I like both type of parties, and have a great time when I go there, but I don't think this is where the real "time of my life"-time will be spent (I kinda already had it really good so I'm cool with anything really :)).
you are def right with that.. i wish NY would book better DJs than what they have.. i know a lot are in Ibiza but come on..

Guest qwestor

No ...for those who have experienced both the past ...5yrs and back...were better....more free...yes anything goes attitude...music let loose. I have also been to Europe several times this past year and there is literally an ocean of difference in the atmosphere and the standard of output the clubbers demand of the DJ...who deliver to the crowd.

I've heard these same DJ's when they come here and do their "polite - take the money and run" 4 hour sets and look around in sadness and amazement when I realize the NY crowd for the most part is unaware of the huge deficit gap in quality and intensity here as they have no direct experienced basis of comparason. Albums don't capture the live sets.

Again as I stated in my "Go-bar fishbowl" thread which was banished to the drama forum ...

(call it good , mediocore or lousy thread ...but drama..what was drama about it? Montbh said he did it because other mods undeleted his deletes ...????)...

Crobar representative of big clubs today are giant kindergarten fishbowls where owners are interested primarily in business not the music which for them is just a means to an end ...and they will demand the DJ tone it down to "safe bar friendly crowd" intensity. Apparently this NY forum's primary agenda now is to promote sponsor friendly happy happy threads.

For those of you where safety comes first who feel ...if I'm not doing anything wrong who cares if I'm under constant surveillence ...you world has come. Adults who like to leave free and private lives find this opressive and offensive.

Just tonite on 1010 wins news a city council woman has introduced a bill to stop the "wild west of clubland" by requiring registering to enter any club with ID to central database verification and having your picture taken and retained on entering, occupying and leaving a club - so we can all be safe-thanks.

A huge diary of all our going out history for all posterity to access--to what end or purpose. This is why the rave movement began - to have an experience purely about the music and the community without other agandas killing it.

Oh I expect to see this post and all of you in the new CP forum for outcasts ..the bump forum

so let me guess you were on both floors at all times? grow the fuck up :blown:and stop trolling on my thread

1- Keith Blackstone: Gabe's DJ for Stim/Response: http://www.keithblackstone.com/mixes/Keith%20Blackstone%20Live%20@%20Love,%20NYC%2005-28-06.mp3

This is Deep House??? Sounds like Tribal to me.

2- The Urban Relief Project sound has been described as: high-energy blend of latin, electro, disco, funky, chunky and tribal dance music.

3- -=[ deep see :: underground house music served new york style ]=-

Lola's sound has been described as: a jack-inspiring combination of deep, tribal, and funky house, tech-house, Detroit techno, ambient interludes, broken beat, African and Latin percussion, and basically anything that sits left of center and below the radar.

I still see no deep house there

1- Keith Blackstone: Gabe's DJ for Stim/Response: http://www.keithblackstone.com/mixes/Keith%20Blackstone%20Live%20@%20Love,%20NYC%2005-28-06.mp3

This is Deep House??? Sounds like Tribal to me.

2- The Urban Relief Project sound has been described as: high-energy blend of latin, electro, disco, funky, chunky and tribal dance music.

3- -=[ deep see :: underground house music served new york style ]=-

Lola's sound has been described as: a jack-inspiring combination of deep, tribal, and funky house, tech-house, Detroit techno, ambient interludes, broken beat, African and Latin percussion, and basically anything that sits left of center and below the radar.

I still see no deep house there

oh you dont?

troll-web.jpg

its all the same you troll.

ugh get a life!

You said that right here

i consider it deep house..and most likely know more about music than you..

but stop now.. i dont want you to cause any drama in my thread

and

after I said there was tribal almost all night.

Give it up Ante :(

kinda sucks now..doesnt it?

remember the glory days of the 90s?

For me those glorious days ended December 31, 1999....

Actually think I was at Twilo that night for Junior with a live performance by Cindy Lauper... or was that 98?