Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best. Vegas. House. Event. EVER. (Dubfire @ Jet)

greenie

Will need to wait a a bit to put together a long writeup that can do full justice to this past weekend... but I just can't hold off from sharing the experience that was Dubfire (and Faarsheed) at Jet.

Sunday night at Jet was by far THE best singular experience I've ever had in Vegas.

Though it's often difficult to reflect and compare with other epic evenings in my 15+ years of clubbing around the world, I can't stop thinking about those 5 hours at Jet. And I can't stop thinking how this may just be the most amazing musical event I've ever been part of.

Similar sentiments have been expressed by the dozens and dozens of folks I've encounted in the two nights since.

It is quite difficult to put into concise words just how incredible everything turned out to be. The crowd was as good as you're going to have for this kind of and event: aware, appreciative, interactive. The track selection and mixing was outstanding (from both Faarsheed and Dubfire), the sound system a perfect balance between tonal clarity and bombastic blasting, and the lights... oh my god, the lights.

Just thinking about the visuals on display night sends shivers from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. THIS was the kind of display the system in the main room is designed for. The synchronicity of colors, patterns and effects with the music was purely magical; the pace and timing flawless. Even Neil, the lighting manager/operator for Jet, was as wide-eyed and amazed with each transition and sequence he brought to the room.

Much love has to be given to Faarsheed for his set. This was not a mere warm-up; it was two hours of deep, bumping sound that had the crowd pumping hard long before Dubfire was anywhere to be seen. I've heard that Faarsheed is always very cooperative with the headlining DJs he opens for, and it's clear that Dubfire let loose the reins.

And Faarsheed just killed it, absolutely killed it, much in the way he did when he followed Tiesto at Empire over MDW. His mix was so tight that more than a few people in the crowd were shaking their heads wondering what Dubfire would have to do to take things to another level.

Well, if Faarsheed killed it, then Dubfire stomped on it, ground it into the floor and buried the fucking thing.

In fact, the transition between DJs was so perfectly smooth that many people didn't realize that Dubfire had stepped behind the decks; it was the gradual sensation and realization of the music moving to the next level that shifted one's gaze to the booth. More than a few people asked me how long he had been on. In a time when most DJs are so desperate to carve out their own sound -- or are simply competitive and jealous -- this was yet another component of an outstanding night.

Some will give the credit to Faarsheed for reading the crowd and knowing how to lay down a set that would flow ideally into Dubfire's. Others will applaud Dubfire for spending time in the booth to get a true feel of rhythm, tempo and tone, and skillfully blending it into his own work. Doesn't matter to me; all I know is the two were perfectly paired, and I'm willing to travel far and wide to hear them together again.

Dubfire took his time to settle into his set, patiently building things deeper and over the course of his first hour until finally sending the crowd through the roof with a 15-20 minute version of Swallow Me.

I'm rarely one to talk about certain songs, but I will never again be able to hear this tune without my pulse quickening, my breath deepening and my mind wandering. Throughout his first hour Dubfire must have hinted and teasted with samples perhaps a dozen times, but when he launched into his mix, blue light undulating and washing throughout the room, the crowd was rocketed through the roof.

Incredible. Unbelievable. Unforgettable.

MASSIVE THANKS TO:

Faarsheed, the most underrated electronic DJ in the world.

Dubfire, for continuing to impress and amaze year after year after year while staying humble and focused on your fans.

Zee, for everything you do. Without a doubt you're one of the people helping to take Vegas nightlife to the next level. I hope that Light Group

Neil, again, I cannot thank you enough for your lighting work. I only hope you enjoyed the evening as thoroughly as the rest of us (you certainly looked like you did).

Our table staff at Jet, whether server, security or busser, you left nothing wanting while being both professional and sociable. Outstanding.

Jet Dancers for truly getting into the groove, not to mention bringing me up (repeatedly!) to join you on the wall and pole.

All my friends who were with me this night. Not to mention the next night... and the next... you know who you are, you know I love you guys.

And the most special thanks to the most badass non-local local (ha) for handling everything. My man, my friend, I fear I will never be able to show enough gratitude. WMC baby. WMC.

Faarsheed, the most underrated electronic DJ in the world.

Faarsheed is living proof of what not only talent, but hard work and a great personality can get you in this world. He deserves everything that is coming his way, from gigs at New York's legendary Cielo to crowds knowing the tracks as they come in out in San Francisco at Ruby Skye. He works his ass off, and treats everyone around him the right way.