Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Last friday @ Prive

Well I went opening night at like 11:30 and didn't get in because they said they wern't letting anyone else in. I left wondering why. So i decide to check it out the week after got there a little earlier and relized why it got filled up so quick. The reason is cause it is practicly half the size of what platinum was. I don't understand why you would want to get good name djs and make a place smaller if anything if you are going to bring in better djs the place should be bigger. Well i guess if you want to pack a place. The second night i got there I hung out in the first room for a little then i was like lets go check out the other room and walked in and was like what happened there isn't really another room now and couldn't believe it. Platinum was much better. After that happened it was 12 and there wasn't really anyone there so I left. And if you like dancing and it gets packed you probably won't be able to now cause there isn't really a dance floor anymore. Which goes back to the fact of why bring in the better djs. Well I wasn't impressed actually liked platinum much better should of left it the same size. Check it out for yourself I guess but I was let down.

As I have stated in earlier posts, everyone is entitled to their opinion. In fact, its appreciated and listened to very clearly, both positive and negative. The fact is that although Prive' happens to be in the same location where Platinum once was, this is the only thing they have in common with one another. It has been completely redesigned, and looks amazing. The club is now more of a lounge type of venue, appealing to a more VIP, upscale, classy, mature, 21+ crowd. The sound system has been replaced with a new great sounding system, as well as ALL BRAND NEW lights, which are awsome. We are bringing in some of the top DJ's like, Serge Devant (this friday), DJ Merritt, Denny Tsettos, DJ Exacta, & Oscar G to name a few, and we are doing it in a smaller, more upscale, intimate, & up close setting, to offer our guests a more personal type of party. HOM Fridays at Prive' are ALL HOUSE MUSIC, ALL NIGHT. If your planning on comming out to Prive', with intentions & hopes of having it be like Platinum was, you will be dissapointed with what Prive' is. However, if your looking for a party, one like I have just described, then belive me, you will be more then pleased with what Prive' offers. Check out the video from opening night on my myspace page if your interested in gettin an idea of the new setup. www.myspace.com/project3pro . I hope to see you all out this friday for SERGE DEVANT. Its definitely gonna be a blowout, and if anything Ive just said has sparked an interest, do yourself a favor...grab a friend, and come out to Prive' in New Brunswick friday night and check it out for yourself.... take care & thanks...

with every new beginning is another beginnings end.

as said above, the only similarity between Platinum and Prive is the location. the energy, enviroment, crowd and attention to detail is the new appeal. the friday night party may not be or everyone. if you are looking for a more pop/ hip hop mash up genre visit on Thursday or Saturday when Rizz or Vic Latino perform.

otherwise, please limit your comments to constructive factual accounts of the establishment. IF IT"S PERSONAL KEEP IT THAT WAY.

Peace.

PRIVE IS nothing like Platinum (and i worked @ platinum for 2 yrs)used to be other then the location... mostly new bar staff, new decor, new lights,

Prive is set up to be a lounge not a college party like platinum.. ya dress chic to go, ya drink out of glass not dixie cups and we dont have draft beer..

its an upscale bar for upscale people...most lounges do not have huge dancefloors...its ment to be what it is... a lounge../ relax/ talk to your girl..just chill.....with all the national djs/ acts it provides an intimate setting to hear them play...relax have some drinks and enjoy the beats..

prime hit the nail on the head.....platinum is done and over...and what we are going for on friday nights is a cielo look or even like the centro fly days... dont get me wrong, i still love the massive venues...but the smaller parties with great talent is more enjoyable to me...but thats just my opinion

What does the place being a little bigger have to do with vip, upscale and all that other stuff but let people have a little more room. And what I am saying is factual the place is alot smaller and if you like that than so be it. I am just letting people no this because I probably would have liked it alot more if it were bigger. All I was trying to say is the size that platinum was would have been perfect for prive and it still would have been personal and whatever else you guys are trying to say. And as far as the college crowd goes that has nothing to do with why I liked platinum. What was the real logic behind making the place smaller and that up close and personal makes no sense because even if it was a little bigger it would still be up close. Its not like the place was huge before but it was a perfect size. And also all I really listen to is house music so the music was the main reason I was checking it out. Come on you are gonna compare a new brunswick lounge to one in the city.

What does the place being a little bigger have to do with vip, upscale and all that other stuff but let people have a little more room. And what I am saying is factual the place is alot smaller and if you like that than so be it. I am just letting people no this because I probably would have liked it alot more if it were bigger. All I was trying to say is the size that platinum was would have been perfect for prive and it still would have been personal and whatever else you guys are trying to say. And as far as the college crowd goes that has nothing to do with why I liked platinum. What was the real logic behind making the place smaller and that up close and personal makes no sense because even if it was a little bigger it would still be up close. Its not like the place was huge before but it was a perfect size. And also all I really listen to is house music so the music was the main reason I was checking it out. Come on you are gonna compare a new brunswick lounge to one in the city.

Your not the brightest guy out there, are you? If the other room was open it wouldnt be "up close and personal" now would it, when you go see these top Dj's @ places such as Carobar theres thousands of people, now your right next to the DJ and only a couple hundered of people. Also the dance floor doesnt exist w/ the whole lounge atmosphere that Prive is going for.

Its NOT a club anymore, its a lounge, obviously you cant compare NY to Jersey but for around here its one of a kind.

i think we need to ban the word "platinum" from our vocabulary...r.i.p.

and i respect the honest opinion of anybody...ppl like different things

i personally like what prive has to offer more so than platinum..and i worked there when it was platinum so im not just tryin to hype it up... different crowd, different look, different party....

and if its about the music, i think we have that covered

jus to add my 2 cents, djs play betta in a smaller venue, imo.... yes im friends with the dj and some of my friends promote there, but i have not been there yet.... all im sayin is give it a chance.... let them do there thing.... dont knock it if u aint been there, brothasss.... ralphi works hard and does his thing ... my man is up n comming.... and they are bringin some good people in there, so let it ride... stop talkin all the ish and lets party......isnt that whats its all about??? neva forget we are all in this together..... to many people are dissin this n dissin that.... everyone has there own opinion right???? let them promote there spot, wouldnt u if u had the chance to do sumtin??? peace----- and can we all rock this mutha focka..... whats good prime???? long time no see.... havent seen u in a minute brothaaa.... we gots to get up soon.... hit me up... walter....

jus to add my 2 cents, djs play betta in a smaller venue, imo.... yes im friends with the dj and some of my friends promote there, but i have not been there yet.... all im sayin is give it a chance.... let them do there thing.... dont knock it if u aint been there, brothasss.... ralphi works hard and does his thing ... my man is up n comming.... and they are bringin some good people in there, so let it ride... stop talkin all the ish and lets party......isnt that whats its all about??? neva forget we are all in this together..... to many people are dissin this n dissin that.... everyone has there own opinion right???? let them promote there spot, wouldnt u if u had the chance to do sumtin??? peace----- and can we all rock this mutha focka..... whats good prime???? long time no see.... havent seen u in a minute brothaaa.... we gots to get up soon.... hit me up... walter....

ahhhh yesssirrrrrr!

Definitely most definitely check this spot out... it gets better and better every week! the people and the beats are hot! and its in fucking central jersey... about fucking time we had a place like this around here! cant wait for tomorrow! see you guys there