Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kenny Rogers = Cheater

clubber5524

yeah you are the man jonnyboy...just like I get all my facts from the NY Post....You are the only person who knows anything about sports :bowdown:

I can't wait till you come back to NYC and ghhhhhost stabs you in the fucking neck. You have alot of balls talking from behind your computer. I've heard plenty of stories about how much of a piece of shit you are so anytime you are ready bring your nigga friend Spragga with you and lets do this for real. Can't wait till our paths cross so I can break your fucking head in.

:laugh:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, well, he pitched for the A's and Yank's before and his old teammates said they knew he was doing it then.

Again, the paper this morning said MOST (read-more than 50%) pitchers use pine tar when it is cold.

Do you think pine tar is going to add extra spin to the ball, or make it like a spit ball? No, it is just adding more grip.

i dont think that kenny rogers is the only pitcher in MLB to use pine tar, scuff, vaseline, etc. the ball when he pitches . . . the same way that i dont believe that the only MLB players who have used, or use steriods are the ones who have been caught.

you think LaRussa doesn't know that McGwire and Canseco juiced it up when he managed the A's? there is a certain amount of cheating in the game that everyone accepts - this was no different. the only thing was that rogers got his "dirt" caught on TV, and that was the main reason why LaRussa didn't make more out of it.

Dude, like i told caleb.

It was obvious. Rogers was the only one on the whole team with a black brim on his hat, everyone else had grey.

It is known that pitchers use it for grip. Most of them do.

im not saying you, but whoever thinks using pine-tar for grip is not cheating, is extremely wrong. having command of your pitch is the most important part of pitching. hell maybe without the pine-tar kenny wouldnt be able to keep the ball over the plate. pine-tar or not, kenny rogers: you are a cheat and a fake

Dude, like i told caleb.

It was obvious. Rogers was the only one on the whole team with a black brim on his hat, everyone else had grey.

It is known that pitchers use it for grip. Most of them do.

they could use a glove the same way some NFL QB's do when they play in the cold. using pine tar for a grip or not, it causes the ball to move in a way that it normally wouldn't, but he's not the only one who does, he was the one who got caught.

they could use a glove the same way some NFL QB's do when they play in the cold. using pine tar for a grip or not, it causes the ball to move in a way that it normally wouldn't, but he's not the only one who does, he was the one who got caught.

Ex-fucking-actly. Anybody who has played baseball in their life knows just how important having a grip on the ball really is.

If most pitchers use pine tar, then how come everyone is making such a big deal out of it. If most pitchers use it then you would think no one would give a shit because it would be standard operating procedure, right?

Plus, this whole arguement that it's only used for grip?? Well on a cold October evening, grip is everything! On cold nights the ball is very hard to grip. That causes the pitcher to change his release point and possibly even his arm angle. The pitches will also tend to go up & out of the strike zone. So the use of pine tar can give the the pitcher his release point back and the rotation on his pitches that he needs to be successful. So theoretically, the use of pine tar can make a pitcher go from having control problems, to lets say 23+ consecutive scoreless innings...

It looked like Pine Tar to me... but it seems if LaRussa knew this and didn't tell the umps before kenny went and washed his hands - then what can you do besides debate?

I mean it looks like Barry Bonds takes steriods but he hasn't been caught.. so there ya go.

Cheating is cheating but it only counts when yer caught :D No but really, i'd hate to see this story over take the entire world series.. It wasn't noticed before in any of his other games..... i hope kenny wouldn't cheat but it wouldn't be like he's the only pitcher to ever try to gain some sort of advantage on the mound..

Kenny threw better after we washed the "dirt" from his hands anyways! :laugh:

way too late , this story will not die easy

just like this one didnt go away so quickly

Kenny%20Rogers.jpg

yeah but thats the media for ya... randy johnson did the same thing to a camera guy in NYC when he first arrived and it was in the news forever it seemed...

and who can forget john rockers comments.. :laugh:

*sigh*

I'm sure this will go on for 2 weeks after the WS then everyone will finally move past it and focus on HOCKEY :D lol