Clubplanet Nightlife Community

has anyone been to tentation in newport beach?

weyes

if the club was in LA you'd call the crowd very 'Hollywood'.

its not a very big venue - just one room with a patio. a mix of some EDM clubbers and your typical thursday nite party people.

hmmm. "hollywood" connotes phoniness and an aloof attitude, when applied to clubgoers, to me. "thursday night people" describes people who just dropped in in very unfestive garb and mood, looking very unimpressed and uninterested.

is that what you meant? how is the vibe? are people nice (spundae crowd) or not so nice (avalon)?

hmmm. "hollywood" connotes phoniness and an aloof attitude, when applied to clubgoers, to me. "thursday night people" describes people who just dropped in in very unfestive garb and mood, looking very unimpressed and uninterested.

is that what you meant? how is the vibe? are people nice (spundae crowd) or not so nice (avalon)?

well the crowd is a mix of all types. definitely some people are there for the DJs. at the same time you have the requisite bottle service areas. the crowd tends to be a more dressed up and monied crowd. when i was there i saw at least 1 Ferrari Enzo out front ($1.2 million).

from our past discussions Weyes, i'd say that you probably wouldn't be that happy with the place. Unless there is a DJ you love playing there, you might want to skip it. Also, its a good 45-55 minute drive from downtown LA which is no fun either.

well the crowd is a mix of all types. definitely some people are there for the DJs. at the same time you have the requisite bottle service areas. the crowd tends to be a more dressed up and monied crowd. when i was there i saw at least 1 Ferrari Enzo out front ($1.2 million).

from our past discussions Weyes, i'd say that you probably wouldn't be that happy with the place. Unless there is a DJ you love playing there, you might want to skip it. Also, its a good 45-55 minute drive from downtown LA which is no fun either.

i live in the city of orange now, which is the only reason why the newport beach venue was even interesting for me (20 mins. away). schlepping to l.a. to go dancing is a bummer, especially 'cause no one really wants to go w/ me anymore; my friends are all shut-ins or don't like the djs i do. it's a bit over an hour to get to l.a. on a saturday, and that's with decent traffic; going alone makes it feel that much longer.

but going alone someplace and standing out a lot would be even worse. i don't want to be the only person dressed all funky and in sneakers when all the guys are in buttoned-down shirts and all the girls are in dresses and heels. there's often a big difference in attitude that goes along with dressing to dance and dressing to not get wrinkled :unhappy: .

i live in the city of orange now, which is the only reason why the newport beach venue was even interesting for me (20 mins. away). schlepping to l.a. to go dancing is a bummer, especially 'cause no one really wants to go w/ me anymore; my friends are all shut-ins or don't like the djs i do. it's a bit over an hour to get to l.a. on a saturday, and that's with decent traffic; going alone makes it feel that much longer.

but going alone someplace and standing out a lot would be even worse. i don't want to be the only person dressed all funky and in sneakers when all the guys are in buttoned-down shirts and all the girls are in dresses and heels. there's often a big difference in attitude that goes along with dressing to dance and dressing to not get wrinkled :unhappy: .

well you wouldn't be the only person dressed like that but yep you'd be in the minority. i'd say if you really like the DJ then you might as well go.