Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who Got The Better Deal?

phil-r

Did the Chargers get the better deal at QB than the Giants or the other way around?

I think that the Chargers won on that one. Just my opinion.

Of course they did... Especially when you consider all the additional draft pics they got along with Rivers...

Edit: Didn't the Chargers draft Merriman (sp?) with the Giants 1st rounder??

I should have said not including the draft picks! I'm going to change that now.

You can't really go by that...

The Charger thraded Eil Manning to the Giants for Rivers, a 3rd round pick in 2004 (Nate Kaeding), a 1st rounder in 2005 (Shawne Merriman), and a 5th Rounder in 2005 (not sure who they picked with that pick).

If you're gonna analyze the trade then analyze it by its entirety. Right now the trade looks pretty awful for the Giants, but as well as Rivers is playing he really hasn't made enough starts to say who is better or not. From the QB standpoint, it will take a couple of years before we know who is better. However, if Rivers keeps playing well then this is one of the most lopsided trades in recent memory... You could even make the case that Eli is the worst of the big 3 that got drafted that year...

Eli looked like total garbage last night. I don't know WTF is wrong with this kid.

I do however think he will be a great QB when he finally gets his shit together.

Like Mike said, time will tell.

They just better kill Dallas in two weeks.

Eli looked like total garbage last night. I don't know WTF is wrong with this kid.

I do however think he will be a great QB when he finally gets his shit together.

Like Mike said, time will tell.

They just better kill Dallas in two weeks.

I know whats wrong....call it a combination of coaching/play calling and not using your talent. I'm not gonna get into it because i dont have that much time, but when shockey doesnt see a ball all game and you have a future hall of fame running back so jaded that he's quitting at the end of the season, you know its not just the quarterback making bad decisions

i still think rivers will develop into a better quarterback with the team he has around him though

Well an offensive line helps... but Eli was not on his game last night.. i would have ran more short routes with shockey and/or tiki.. but thats just me.. kid was getting hurried and it seemed the O-line had a complete melt-down in front of Eli. At least the parts of the game I watched - thats what i observed.