Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is "bottleservice"

meggs

2.... 1....

Bottle Service means one thing but evokes something entirely different.

(suggested reading: see "Bottles & Goggles", a 2006 article by lalate on the current Vegas scene)

DEFINITION -

Bottle Service -

A service at a nightclub or similar in which a patron pays for complete bottle of spirits that includes, complimentary or by fee, caraffes of mixes (soda, tonic, cranberry), a host/hostess, and a table for the evening.

BUT WHAT IT GENERALLY MEANS -

1. More than one bottle.

Bottle Service generally has a two bottle minimun. In some cities and more popular venues, 1 bottle is often required for every three patrons in the table or "booth".

2. Less service.

In some cities like Los Angeles, bottle service means really bottles with "some" service. Often, once everything is on the table, you dont see your host/hostest in LA as often as you would for a waiter at a comparable restaruant.

3. It can imply a girl is ugly.

If you are two girls at a Vegas venue early and the doorperson says, "sorry ladies, you'll have to do Bottle Service", that is basically an insult saying you are ugly.

4. It can imply there is no hope for entrance by the guys.

If you are a group of guys and the doorperson says, "we are only taking bottle service now from guys", that basically means unless you do it guys, you arent getting in.

5. The price of the bottle is not what you buy it for at Ralphs.

$300 and up for a bottle of spirits you can buy for $30.

6. You cant run for it. (LOL!)

Someone asked me this question the other month. "Hey, so what if you say to the guy on the door at Privilege I want to do Bottle Service. How does he know once you get in if you run for it and not order any bottles?"

Venues have in place a procession of person to person to your credit card from the door to the booth. There isnt any running for it lol.

7. Yes, your hands can have fun in a booth.

One of the attractions of a booth - the abilitiy to bring other people into the booth. When lalate did Cinespace last year, we had a (shared) promoters' booth. Needless to say, each week the promoters were pissed that lalate's friends had over 1/2 dozen girls to start in the booth each time and gradually brought in an approximately equal amount .. while the other promoters were lucky if they brought in one chick the whole night.

8. If you dont feel like dancing, booths are fun.

Especially if its peeps you havent seen in a while, sitting and catching up .. in a cramped space with lots of booze ... is fun. lol. The night goes fast.

9. VIP booth dancing?

Sometimes a venue will let you get away with dancing right in the carpeted non dancefloor area around your booth. It depends how the venue is run.

10. You cant order any type of bottle lol.

You may drink Cuervo at the bar. But if you order Cuervo as your bottle service, the host may look at you funny.

The sad thing is people arent really original with their bottles often (unless someone in your group is a bartender or similar)... people are often boring and just opt for vodka all night.

11. It can be stupid.

We've seen people at the smallest lounges, empty, doing Bottle Service. Thats stupid.

12. It can be off the hook.

Some booths, or sky booths, are pimp'd like you cant imagine.

13. Alfa Bottle People. (lol)

People are very opinionated about bottle service. So if you dont like it, and someone who does like it hears that, they will rip into you. People who luv it adore it.

14. I'm so ...... Nobody.

This is where the alfa bottle people will quote me and rip into me. A lot of people will blow a couple of grand of money on bottle service, for friends that dont even hang around the entire night but jet after the bottles are empty, just to impress people. These are what I would call the "PF Chang 1st Date" people. Some people use blowing money on bottle service only as a status symbol. These peoople are not, repeat not, the same people who use bottle service for its purpose and fun it was created for.

15. Recorking

Dont ask me. Strangest idea. Some spots will recork your bottle you dont finish and let you take it with you. I think thats ghetto.

16. Take it with you.

Tryst will on certain bottle promotions nights we have let you take the bottle with you if you cant finish it.

17. Too much

Most people think they can drink all those bottles. Often you really cant. Its over kill and can lead to you hooking up with a girl you shouldnt have that night in LA. (lol)