Clubplanet Nightlife Community

just out of curiosity

What is up! This isn't an event so much as it is the attempt to plant seeds and gather enough feedback to start an event in the near future.

I am a *very* frustrated gay person in New York City that is really tired of the club/bar/party scene right now both for gay parties and striaght ones too! The conflict of interest is that I am a Promoter. AND I actually like to drink, and dance and hear music on a great sound system with pretty lights and lots of people. So its not enough to just be like "fuck it, I'll stay home".

SO, I am looking to meet for like minded people, of ANY PERSUASION, becuase I want to create something for US people who are not interested in: *Rude Door People* *Mean Nasty Security* *Shady & Stingy club owners* *overpriced EVERYTHING* *Bullshit Bottle "Service"* *DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA* *mundane redundant shitty pop/hip hop/radio music being hoisted on us as if its ground breaking brilliance*

Places I like right now include mr. Black, the Bank, and formerly Happy Valley...becuase they usually have excellent music above all else.

But the nightmares presist - mr Black is ALWAYS too crowded on weekends, so as good as it is, it is very difficult to get into it unless you are a die hard fan that is there religiously like me, and you have to deal with 500 people on top of you and suffocate all night.

BANK...usually great music, but SHADE SHADE SHADE! The door is bitchy, some of the customers are kinda bitchy! *sigh*

Happy Valley...well its closed...so good bye forever.

Annex on Fridays...once again ALWAYS clostraphobicly crowded.

I would like to start up a grassroots-esque party strictly for fun, where people don't have a hidden agenda of being "seen", being "important", gettin laid, or even doing drugs. There are already TONS of options for all of that out there!

I just want something that is simply about coming out with no pretenses looking for edgey different interesting dance music and people who will enjoy it, affordable drink prices, and a good time. Something for people who work for a living and aren't fucking rich, like if you have $50 you're set including cabs, door, coat check, and several drinks...rather than $300 for watered down recycled bottles of vodka and a table that is the size of a footstool.

Mind you, not a BAR night. Not a dive. A place to actualyl DANCE, be creative etc. Mixed is great. Very much like the ideal behind raves, but not stuck in the 90's, and legal.

The politics involved in throwing a party these days however is that greedy club owners want to see numbers numbers numbers. I know there are people out there that used to enjoy parties and have simply stopped becuase things have become so bad at all these high-maintenance clubs. i know there are people out there that put up with stuff they don't really like for the sake of enjoying a sliver of thier Friday or Saturday or what have you.

SO my goal is to approach a nice small non descript low maintanence place and basically have a bunch of people who'll just enjoy a good party and build from there...

If you've made it through this HUGE rant, congratulations!!! I hope u have great karma.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about this idealogical vision that i have (just private message me). If you want to know about the parties i already promote for, hit me at list@thehopperny.com and i'll try to be as accomodating as the venue i work for allows me to be for you.

Cheers

-JtH

werd that would be awesome.....i myself am sick of all the things u mentioned at clubs.....

i was at duvet on sat night for a friend's going away party and experienced everything u mentioned....and some. this dude spilled MY $14 drink all over me by flailing his arms around and didn't apologize for shit.....then his friend comes up to me and says, "the least u can do is apologize, for getting a drink on my jeans" with a huge smirk on her face....ehhh go back to the B AND T u came from, not even sure if she was 21.........lol.

anyways im waiting for a party like the one u mentioned, sometimes they exist at the smaller places, which im more fond of lately, i can't stand the drama anymore and want to just go out for the music, atmosphere, and to relax and/or dance.

werd that would be awesome.....i myself am sick of all the things u mentioned at clubs.....

i was at duvet on sat night for a friend's going away party and experienced everything u mentioned....and some. this dude spilled MY $14 drink all over me by flailing his arms around and didn't apologize for shit.....then his friend comes up to me and says, "the least u can do is apologize, for getting a drink on my jeans" with a huge smirk on her face....ehhh go back to the B AND T u came from, not even sure if she was 21.........lol.

anyways im waiting for a party like the one u mentioned, sometimes they exist at the smaller places, which im more fond of lately, i can't stand the drama anymore and want to just go out for the music, atmosphere, and to relax and/or dance.

yea i agree, there is a lot of ingnorant fucks out there......simply put "no class people"

What is up! This isn't an event so much as it is the attempt to plant seeds and gather enough feedback to start an event in the near future.

I am a *very* frustrated gay person in New York City that is really tired of the club/bar/party scene right now both for gay parties and striaght ones too! The conflict of interest is that I am a Promoter. AND I actually like to drink, and dance and hear music on a great sound system with pretty lights and lots of people. So its not enough to just be like "fuck it, I'll stay home".

SO, I am looking to meet for like minded people, of ANY PERSUASION, becuase I want to create something for US people who are not interested in: *Rude Door People* *Mean Nasty Security* *Shady & Stingy club owners* *overpriced EVERYTHING* *Bullshit Bottle "Service"* *DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA* *mundane redundant shitty pop/hip hop/radio music being hoisted on us as if its ground breaking brilliance*

Places I like right now include mr. Black, the Bank, and formerly Happy Valley...becuase they usually have excellent music above all else.

But the nightmares presist - mr Black is ALWAYS too crowded on weekends, so as good as it is, it is very difficult to get into it unless you are a die hard fan that is there religiously like me, and you have to deal with 500 people on top of you and suffocate all night.

BANK...usually great music, but SHADE SHADE SHADE! The door is bitchy, some of the customers are kinda bitchy! *sigh*

Happy Valley...well its closed...so good bye forever.

Annex on Fridays...once again ALWAYS clostraphobicly crowded.

I would like to start up a grassroots-esque party strictly for fun, where people don't have a hidden agenda of being "seen", being "important", gettin laid, or even doing drugs. There are already TONS of options for all of that out there!

I just want something that is simply about coming out with no pretenses looking for edgey different interesting dance music and people who will enjoy it, affordable drink prices, and a good time. Something for people who work for a living and aren't fucking rich, like if you have $50 you're set including cabs, door, coat check, and several drinks...rather than $300 for watered down recycled bottles of vodka and a table that is the size of a footstool.

Mind you, not a BAR night. Not a dive. A place to actualyl DANCE, be creative etc. Mixed is great. Very much like the ideal behind raves, but not stuck in the 90's, and legal.

The politics involved in throwing a party these days however is that greedy club owners want to see numbers numbers numbers. I know there are people out there that used to enjoy parties and have simply stopped becuase things have become so bad at all these high-maintenance clubs. i know there are people out there that put up with stuff they don't really like for the sake of enjoying a sliver of thier Friday or Saturday or what have you.

SO my goal is to approach a nice small non descript low maintanence place and basically have a bunch of people who'll just enjoy a good party and build from there...

If you've made it through this HUGE rant, congratulations!!! I hope u have great karma.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about this idealogical vision that i have (just private message me). If you want to know about the parties i already promote for, hit me at list@thehopperny.com and i'll try to be as accomodating as the venue i work for allows me to be for you.

Cheers

-JtH

This would be great...especially cheap drinks lol. Please keep us updated on this matter!!

Manhattan is too saturated and lorded over by the big boys. Overinflated costs and racketeering (not least by the government--Cabaret Laws + Quality of Life campaign) make a certain amount of bottomline-ism necessary.

It may seem too early but it could also be considered a head start: Start it up in Brooklyn! You're going to have to *work* to get people out there, but that's the biz.