Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lost Climbers...

silver05

Such a sad story. I literally had tears this morning watching the family of the climbers on the news. How could climbing a mountain in freezing temperatures be fun?? I hate the snow as it is..cant imagine what it must be like..

...I'll take a beach over anything..

Hope they find the last 2 in time..

As sad as it is, these people knew the risks when they went up there.

Now the other story from last week was much more sad than this one. The guy who's car died and he went looking for help and left his wife and baby in the car. That poor guy WAS going to the beach and they were trying to take a short cut. He was doing what he thought was the right thing by looking for help and he died.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/11/missing.family.ap/index.html

he was taking off his clothes 'cos he lost it. the guy was going crazy and got delusional 'cos of the exhaustion. you really can't stop and take a nap, chances are if you do, you will never wake up, so he just kept on going and lost his marbles. that was the story that really saddened me the most.

the climbers also sadden me, but a bit less so than the other guy. they could've hiked the mountain in the spring, the summer, whatever . . when it wasn't snowing.