Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cell Phone Video of Saddam's Execution

SlickSlider

furthermore, every act of "compassion" is essentially selfish

so say you have that image of yourself, that you would like to think you are a compassionate person (which of course is nothing more than social conditioning), you actually feel discomfort if you see say a child suffering. so you donate some money, but only to a smaller extent to make the child better, the bigger motivator is to make *yourself* feel better... as said, you don´t REALLY care about those other people.

of course, by your act of selfishness, you are actually helping the suffering child. but that is not to say your action was somehow altruistic or compassionate, in essence you have been nothing but selfish. and to boast about being compassionate and caring is therefore very weak thinking IMO

im not a big saddam fan..id just love to know what personal feelings you have invested in the iraqi dictators life..r u kuwaiti? r u a kurd? r u shiite? r u sunni? whats with this outpouring of emotion at his death? how have u been wronged by saddam? i just dont get y theres such conviction in ur post

you sensed all that from his post??? mrs cleo???

so say you have that image of yourself, that you would like to think you are a compassionate person (which of course is nothing more than social conditioning), you actually feel discomfort if you see say a child suffering. so you donate some money, but only to a smaller extent to make the child better, the bigger motivator is to make *yourself* feel better... as said, you don´t REALLY care about those other people.

of course, by your act of selfishness, you are actually helping the suffering child. but that is not to say your action was somehow altruistic or compassionate, in essence you have been nothing but selfish. and to boast about being compassionate and caring is therefore very weak thinking IMO

:aright: this is my man...someone of my own ilk

i just wanna know where all the people who celebrate saddam getting hanged were when he was gassing Iranians in the Iran/Iraq war (and he was the good guy in the eyes of the US Administration) and where were all of these people when Turkey also went out and killed a helluva lot of Kurds and the west didn't do shit about it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and feelings. Personally, I think Saddam was a piece of shit and he deserved to die but I have no desire to see the video of his death. However, I'm not going to try to invalidate another person's feelings/thoughts on this or any other matter. Just my 2 cents....

so slick, your response? or do you already give up? ;)

No dude. I'll have a response soon. Your post was very well written and I agreed with parts of it from a certain perspective, but I still stand by what I said earlier. I've been busy and haven't had the time to stop and dwell on my answer to you and Ghhhhhost, but I will ASAP. I'll answer your post, and explain how I feel, in more detail, when I can.

i say fuck the child...let him/her fend for itself...

does that make me selfish???