Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vista vs. Windows 98 lol

lalate

"Some numbers behind Microsoft Corp.'s evolution from Windows 95 to this month's consumer release of Windows Vista:

Common retail price for Windows 95: $89.95

For Vista: Depends on user configuration. Upgrading a PC from Windows XP would cost as little as $99 for Vista Home Basic edition, up to $259 for Vista Ultimate. Suggested retail prices for those versions range from $199 to $399.

Number of lines of code in Windows 95: 11.2 million

In Vista: 50 million is a commonly cited figure, but Microsoft refuses to confirm that officially.

Approximate number of Windows 95 programmers: 200

For Vista: More than 2,000, according to one Microsoft developer's blog, but Microsoft also won't confirm that."

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure there are many bugs in it which is why I'm waiting to install it. Sugar and I got a new laptop a few weeks ago but we got Windows Media Center and we get the disc for Vista in the mail. If we would have waited, it would have came pre-loaded on the laptop.

But as far as a recall, I haven't heard anything. And they wouldn't recall it, they'd just come out with patches and Service Packs.

• 5 months later...

Well, finally made the switch to Vista on the laptop and I'm pleasantly surprised. I figured I don't have too many crazy programs on my laptop so there wouldn't be as many compatibility issues as if I were to install it on my desktop. It actually fixed a conflict that was messing up the pointing device on the laptop. There are no problems with the Vista Driver.

I love the way it looks and it runs very smoothly. Tons of cool options that I'm still getting used to.

I also found Office 2007 Enterprise Edition and installed that and it's great.

I recommend you guys check out this site if you haven't already. They have basically any programs you might be looking for. They also have tons of cell phone apps.

http://www.ipmart-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=295

:type:

• 1 month later...