Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Digital cameras?

Every year, this is an issue and well I've had mixed experiences.

For the record, Space & Ultra do not allow digital cameras at their venues.

Off the record, I snuck my dig cam in to Ultra two years ago and didn't have any problems.

And at Space i've been pretty successful but once a bouncer did grab my camera and threaten to step on it, so I stopped using it.

I think they definitely don't like video photography, but pictures of yourselves should be ok. Just be cautious is my best advice.

Most places will require prior permission for anything "pro". The official policies of venues is that all shooting is prohibited, but most don't care if you're just taking a photo of friends. It's when you start shooting at the DJ or performers that they'll speak up.

i know last year Space was taking out the batteries of the digital cameras if they found one in a search and you could get it on the way out. but plenty of people took them in...

i suggest taking only a small camera and putting it in your back pocket. the girls i was with had theirs in their purse and that's how security found it.