Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can NYC builds nightclubs thats about the music not Vip and Bottle sevice ?

rbert

its like bottle service is a necessary evil in this city..the markup is ridiculous but w/out it...a lot of these venues wouldn't be able to exist ...

do u think this would still be true of there were less cheesy placed in NY to goto?

keep in mind that about 5 years ago, everyplace and its basement turned from a club or bar into (Bar / Lounge) and tagged the name it had with "Upscale"

One of the problems i see is that there really ARE way too many places to goto and more then 60% of them are doing exactly the same thing as each other.

Another problem is venues cant get enough people into the door for a night. Yes some places have packed houses but they still offer bottle service which is cool but what about these places that can fit like 300+ and used to be bars that are now only getting a few dozen a night... piecing off their own basements as separate rooms (Example: Guernica)

theres hundreds of places like this for example in alphabet city.

If they were all closed (not all but just the ones that really don't do something creative or different)

wouldn't we end up with trickle down effect?

wouldn't it just lead these regulars to goto the more legitimate places?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nyc needs a radio station that supports dance music and culture nightlifescene.

well i have an internet radio station and wanted clubplanet to add the streams to its pages (costs noting by the way) but its hard to break out of the crowd in the NY area as it is and always has been

best i can do for now for my djs is get them bookings at multiple placed in NYC and NJ where they would just let people know through some type of media about the station and what it does.

Im still trying to find a good quality place in ny to allow us to broadcast weekly from the dj booth.

Be nice to do it from Stereo as its the bext party in YEARS i have been to.