Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2007 MMA Thread: Pride, UFC, EXC, ROTR....

stymie

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Pride's next show taking place in Japan on April 8th, all of the fighters who are listed below as "suspended until April 11th" or later will not be allowed to compete on the April 8th show.

As a result, Pride will have to book its April 8th show without having access to Dan Henderson, Wanderlei Silva, Takanori Gomi, Nick Diaz, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Alistair Overeem, Mac Danzig, or Jason Ireland.

Medical Suspensions Stemming from Pride 33:

-Nick Diaz has been medically suspended for six months (until August 24th) due to an injured and possibly broken orbital bone (the orbital bone is the bone that surrounds the eye socket). If Diaz is medically cleared before then, his minimum suspension would still last through April 26th

• 2 weeks later...

Report: UFC 70 “Most Likely†to Appear on Spike TV

Posted by UFC Junkie on March 9, 2007 at 8:26 am ET

070309ufc70.jpgOne of the most-stacked UFC fight cards in recent UFC history could appear on Spike TV — not HBO and not pay-per-view — according to a report from Wrestling Observer.

UFC 70, which takes places April 21 in Manchester, England, and features an international cast of MMA superstars, could find its way to free TV since negotiations with HBO have seemed to go nowhere.

Reported Dave Meltzer:

Dana White said that regarding the broadcast of UFC 70 on 4/21 from Manchester, England into the U.S., that nothing is finalized right now, but it will most likely be on Spike and not HBO.

Wow. Just wow.

I’m a sucker for any type of MMA on free TV. But a regular UFC event? With an absolutely stacked card? With Mirko “Cro Cop†Filipovic, Andre Arlovski, Fabricio Werdum and Michael Bisping? Wow.

Although the UFC appears its continuing its efforts to reach a deal with HBO, I’m assuming a completed deal is a long way off.

Which, of course, turns out to be great news for us.

UPDATE: I just received further confirmation that the UFC and Dana White are very serious about offering the event on Spike TV.

some good fights to re-air on spike for free tonight:

The bouts range from UFC 28 (November 2000) to UFC 65 (November 2006).

The full list of fights includes:

Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre

UFC 65

Chuck Liddell vs. Renato Sobral

UFC 62

B.J. Penn vs. Din Thomas

UFC 32

B.J. Penn vs. Caol Uno

UFC 34

Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie

UFC 60

Jens Pulver vs. John Lewis

UFC 28

Andrei Arlovski vs. Tim Sylvia

UFC 51

Melvin Guillard vs. Gabe Ruediger

UFC 63

Luigi Fioravanti vs. Dave Menne

UFC Fight Night 7

doom u homo thug where you been?

frank was cheating yes but renzo was taking lay and pray to a whole new level. he didnt do anything on the ground.... shamrock was landing clean hard blows on his back tho...

...lol got my serra shirt in the mail yesterday.

doom u homo thug where you been?

frank was cheating yes but renzo was taking lay and pray to a whole new level. he didnt do anything on the ground.... shamrock was landing clean hard blows on his back tho...

...lol got my serra shirt in the mail yesterday.

Sorry bro, I didn't see this great thread. Congrats on the Serra shirt.

That guy from Africa (Sokoudjou) that Henderson brought into Pride won me a ton of money against Nog. 13.5:1 payout.

I fucking love it how in the introductions, they said his "country" of origin is "Africa" instead of Cameroon. :rofl:

I was impressed with his striking, and he's supposedly very young. However, you have to admit he got extremely lucky as at least 90% of the time, Nogueira would hand him his ass.

I doubt that fight with silva will ever happen now.

For what it's worth, that wasn't the "regular" Silva who fought. He seemed out of shape, and for someone who is labeled the most aggressive fighter in MMA, he was too passive.

I fucking love it how in the introductions, they said his "country" of origin is "Africa" instead of Cameroon. :rofl:

I was impressed with his striking, and he's supposedly very young. However, you have to admit he got extremely lucky as at least 90% of the time, Nogueira would hand him his ass.

Pride 34: Ricardo Arona vs. Thierry Sokoudjou