Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2007 MMA Thread: Pride, UFC, EXC, ROTR....

stymie

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh the hardrock is pretty dope.. i spent some time there (well drinking beers mainly) and watching him play poker... theres a motorcycle shop out there with a tattoo place inside.. lol and numerous bar and restaurants.. i haven't even been to the nighclubs out there yet.. Luis Puig (the owner of space miami) i believe is a part owner in one of the clubs out there (spirits).. And theres pangea and gryhpon.. and some other clubs..

:party:

check ufc.com for the tv listings.... watch a fight night replay or unleashed (like a compilation of good fights) or like john said the show

only reason i didnt say just watch the fights is because they dont really explain what is going on when they are calling the fights, they just call out moves like "full guard" or "triangle choke". How's someone that knows nothing about MMA supposed to figure that out?

Its hella more complicated then like say watching boxing where all you gotta know is who's beating up who with all of four punches.....strait punch, hook, uppercut, and jab

so each of the moves has a name? Who names them? Do guys have signature moves?

i need to watch with someone to point this shit out.. sounds kinda complicated.. lol

mostly jiu jitsu names.....kinda like wrestling has its own names for positions but it takes time to get used to if you dont know whats what. announcers arent gonna take time to explain to the novice viewers either because their audience is mostly die hards.......so thats who they're gonna side to

ahh the hardrock is pretty dope.. i spent some time there (well drinking beers mainly) and watching him play poker... theres a motorcycle shop out there with a tattoo place inside.. lol and numerous bar and restaurants.. i haven't even been to the nighclubs out there yet.. Luis Puig (the owner of space miami) i believe is a part owner in one of the clubs out there (spirits).. And theres pangea and gryhpon.. and some other clubs..

:party:

is Luis Manny's brother? the shark dude?

thursday night on spike live... I think it starts at 9...

UFC Fight Night 9 — April 5 on Spike TV (The Palms Las Vegas)

Main Card Bouts:

Joe Stevenson vs. Melvin Guillard

Kenny Florian vs. Dokonjonosuke Mishima

Antoni Hardonk vs. Justin McCully

Floyd Mayweather Jr dissed by UFC President

arrow.gif By Media Report (April 3, 2007) Doghouse Resize_DanaWhite1f_DSE.jpgUFC president Dana White is holding back no punches firing back at Floyd Mayweather Jr for some remarks Mayweather made about the UFC. White had some tough words for Mayweather, Jr. during a media conference call earlier this week. Last week during a press conference to help hype Mayweather's May 5th battle against Oscar De La Hoya, Mayweather dissed the UFC and specifically UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell. Mayweather wondered if Liddell could hang with a good boxer.

"We should put Liddell against a good heavyweight, under Mayweather Promotions," Mayweather said last week. "If Chuck wins, then I'll give him a million dollars out of my own pocket."

White responded earlier this week, stating: "You know, Floyd Mayweather just came out and said some stupid s--- about Chuck Liddell," White added: "(He said) he'd pay a million dollars if Chuck could hang with a heavyweight boxer. How about if he pays a million dollars to see if a heavyweight boxer can fight MMA with Chuck Liddell? Or, even better, I'll put up a million dollars of my own money if Floyd Mayweather can sell more than 10 tickets withoutOscar De La Hoya."

is it me or was that one of the most pussy tap outs youve ever seen?

florians fucking leg was as close to being broken as possible and he didnt tap....

what a fucking joke

and to not tap gloves too??? I dont get it.... shouldnt joe daddy be the one NOT wanting to tap gloves after all the GH accusations from guillard?

Joe daddy took that piece of shit to school.

So i started to watch these events on SPIKE but then i had to catch up with my dad - for like 45 mins.. then my mom for like 15 mins... so then i was going to watch some guy with easter-egg dyed REd Hair and tattoos fight some little hottie golden gloves champ.. but then by the time they FINALLY got through all the little story and introduction, i had to go to my tanning appointment. LOL

Who won that match? I hope the cutie boxer guy cuz it was only like his 10th UFC match ever!!

Then by the time i got home, there was some show on with them training.. i don't care about the training.. i wanna see the fights.

But that shit looks insane.. Is this on every Thursday at 8pm? I think i just found another sport that i like as much as football and nascar!!!!!

is it me or was that one of the most pussy tap outs youve ever seen?

florians fucking leg was as close to being broken as possible and he didnt tap....

what a fucking joke

and to not tap gloves too??? I dont get it.... shouldnt joe daddy be the one NOT wanting to tap gloves after all the GH accusations from guillard?

Joe daddy took that piece of shit to school.

27 seconds...pretty piss poor showing. plus, i dont know exactly what was said right after melvin tapped, but i wouldnt have given him any props after he was such a shit head for so long. kudos to joe stevenson

florians a tough fuck btw.....

yeah I mean you would think someone that talks all that shit wouldnt tap for anything or anyone but I guess not... he IS all talk.

I could sit here all day and name guys that would have just passed out instead of tapping to a fucking guillotine 27 seconds into a fight.

yeah I mean you would think someone that talks all that shit wouldnt tap for anything or anyone but I guess not... he IS all talk.

I could sit here all day and name guys that would have just passed out instead of tapping to a fucking guillotine 27 seconds into a fight.

he's always been all talk, thats just the way he is. funny thing is the front guillotine isnt terribly tough to defend, but when you stand up not protecting yourself like a novice, you're gonna get it sunk in deep. melvins not even close to a prime time level.

he did look gigantic for a lightweight though...he must have sucked 15-20 pounds for the fight

i love these fight nights they do on spike for free....now i'm just looking forward to the pay per view

I'm not too psyched for it either....I dont think Serra stands a chance against GSP and I'm not paying $50 to watch Diego vs. Koschek

There's a bar that plays the fights for free....after i get done with the beach i'll mosey on down there and catch the fight but getting the boys together and making a night of it