Clubplanet Nightlife Community

can someone explain to me what types of music are comsidered what...

for example what is the sound factory on saturdays (JP) is that techno or trance or what? what are the major differences in JP's style as opposed to DT's or PVD's or S&D's or Jr's?

I just got back into house music recently i used to spin old school techno (early storm raves) since then i have spun hip hop & reggae(limelight & tunnel (95-99) and haven't been into the house scene as of late i am getting back into it

Guest crystalmethodny

Hahahah,

Im going to get flamed for this.

More like Jonathan Peters just pulls a little of everything. One second he'll bust out some Vocal House, the next, Progressive Trance... etc...

I wont get flamed for it... because I held my tongue wink.gif

-CM

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

PVD spins hard progressive trance though last time I heard him he also introduced a few break beat/techno songs in as well. Overall though he is a Trance DJ.

The stuff that Sasha is spinning these days seems to be deep progressive house. He continually evoles cause some of his older songs were clearly more trancey.

Jr and DT are old fashioned NYC hard house.

Hope that helps.

PS. I am not sure if everything that I said here is 100% accurate...I am kinda stonned sooo please don't flame me too hard if I am wrong wink.gif