Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which is worse: bad dj good music, or good dj bad music

of course it's all qualitative, but let's generalize a bit.

we all know as bad dj can mess up good music

but can a really good dj make bad music good?

------------------

"Don't go crazy, don't get depressed, don't go after stupid, unattractive women, don't fight the feelin', don't let anyone tell you that disco house is terrible." --Trevor Zier

[This message has been edited by foodbark (edited 08-14-2000).]

Track selection makes a DJ more than skill because 97% of the crowd can't tell the difference between a good mix and a bad one, it's usually other DJ's/Producers or nitpickers/music aficionado's that care how good the mixing is...So generally a DJ with poor/so so mixing with good track selection is a better bet...cause a DJ who can mix but just plays bad music, well that's boring to listen to or dance to, so you end up leaving, at least if you hear good music you'll stay...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

ILL HOUSE YOU..the fact the 98% of the crowd can't really tell any way is a very good point.....however i have been at clubs where the dj slaugtered a good song so badly that I left the dance floor and went outside.

------------------

"Don't go crazy, don't get depressed, don't go after stupid, unattractive women, don't fight the feelin', don't let anyone tell you that disco house is terrible." --Trevor Zier