Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Severe Curiousity

With all honesty, I have been wondering about something for a long time. I am fascinated with Ostriches...they are such intimidating birds, and I was watching animal planet last evening and wondered something:

If an Ostrich came charging at you, with force....do you think you could actually do anything to stop it, such as drop to the floor and try to trip it, or tackle it even...I mean, I know they are powerful birds...but could you, if you put enough force into it, put a stranglehold of some sort on it's neck or body and just wrestle it to the ground. Once it's down there, possibly even over power it? Do you think that the average man could overpower an ostrich? I was just curious about this..please tell me what you think.

Guest crystalmethodny

Did you have a goodweekend?

I'd run to the nearest Fuddruckers, I know they serve Ostrich burgers there and get the butcher to defend me.

-CM

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

I friend of my mine used to have an emu ranch out in montana and those birds(which it is my understanding are quite a bit smaller than Ostrichs) where definitly not to be messed with. I do however think that if you went for the legs, and took it by suprise, you might beable to take it down.

------------------

"Don't go crazy, don't get depressed, don't go after stupid, unattractive women, don't fight the feelin', don't let anyone tell you that disco house is terrible." --Trevor Zier

[This message has been edited by foodbark (edited 08-14-2000).]

Definitely. You just can't show fear. When I used to wrestle gators in Nam, the Natives used to call me John Tua Blaze Mua. Which means "Noble Man, who wrestles Aligators, and who can definitely kick the shit out of a scrawney ostrig"

Johnny Blaze "ain't a damn thing changed"

I grew up in Southern africa....a well placed kick from an ostrich leg can rip you in half. BTW, it'll get you before you even get close to tripping it. don't mess with one and DEFINITELY DO NOT go near its eggs when its there!!

Hehehe...imagine getting killed by a bird!!

it's from an e-mail a friend of mine just sent me, he's off school at cornell and i'm off to school at he U of M and that was his fairwell message...or part of it at least.

------------------

"Don't go crazy, don't get depressed, don't go after stupid, unattractive women, don't fight the feelin', don't let anyone tell you that disco house is terrible." --Trevor Zier

Well since the topic has to do with curiosity,then I guess I can post this...

I was actually thinking about this on my drive to work today. For those of you who have ever had a used car, did you ever wonder who drove it before you? Where its accumulated all those miles? Who has had sex in the back seat (or front seat) of your car??

Just wondering...

------------------

~*~* Women beat their men~*~*~The men beat on their drums~*~*

my parents have a sabb 900 they bought used, and sometimes when you leave it sitting in the sun when you come back into the car it smells like you've been clam baking in it....i've always wondered who the pot-heads who use to own the car are....they probably are still living in missoula somewhere...

------------------

did you ever see karate kid part II... the one where he goes to okinawa ?

well in karate kid part 2 if you remember correctly he learns the miagi sacret drum technique. i think using the drum technique you could redirect the birds momentum, sending to the ground. if you need a reminder rent the movie.

~glynis

------------------

Go Here For Your Complementary fuck in the face.
/>http://www.filmexperts.com/jay/f_face2/

they move pretty fast..chances are they'll get you before you have time to jump for their legs...they can reach pretty high in front of them with their legs (almost like a clawing action)

your best bet....find a rock and hope to god you don't miss....