Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bad Boy Bill + Benassi (Fri 4/6) | Waxman + Patricia Starr (Sat 4/7) @ Studio Mezmor

Friday, April 6th, 2007

Main Room: Bad Boy Bill & Benny Benassi w/ Alex Peace (DJ + MC set)

SideBar: Flawless Sound; JP Solis

Studio Mezmor presents Bad Boy Bill & Benny Benassi!

Bad Boy Bill was born and raised in Chicago, and began mixing records at the age of 14. On his belt hang the titles of DJ, artist, producer, songwriter and entrepreneur. Not to mention three-time DMC finalist.

Bad Boy Bill has brought us the Bang in the Box and the House Connection series and is a favorite among dance-music fans worldwide. Today, Bill spends most of his time producing tunes in the studio or out on the road, playing up to 150 gigs annually, everywhere from New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles to international hotspots including Peru, Colombia, Germany, England, and Spain. Don’t forget to check out Bad Boy Bill’s newest release, Behind the Decks Live also on Thrive Records, available in stores everywhere.

When Benny Benassi isn’t in the studio, he tours the world rocking clubs and events with his unstoppable energy. His DJ style has been described as… kinda electro, sort of house-tec, dirty and cool, sweaty and smooth! Benassi was born in Milan, his first big international hit was "I Feel So Fin,e" released as KMC. After moving from Eurohouse to electro, he had another successful hit single "Satisfaction" in 2002 and 2004. His newest release Cooking for Pump-Kin reflects the style of electronic music that he plays all over the globe. The tracks' are cutting edge electronic club productions, some making their debut on this disc. The selection and mix confirms Benny's role as tastemaker on the electro club scene. Pump-Kin Music is Benassi's own imprint and this is it's first release, with a stated mission to promote and expose the very best of creative electronic club music.

Alex Peace, considered by most to be the leader of the Chicago hard house movement, has made various contributions to the electronic music industry for over 13 years. His collaborations as well as his own productions have been featured on various mix compilations including Bad Boy Bill's Bangin' the Box Series and Behind The Decks. Launching his own record label FADEDMUZIK in May of 2003, Alex has solidified his place in the house community. Peace has been showing no signs of slowing down in 2007 with a host of residences, and several new productions on the market.

Also tonight, Studio Mezmor goes one step further to support the newest rising stars of the dance music world - check out the local DJ artist showcase: the Flawless Sound in the SideBar from 10pm to midnight. Afterwards, don’t miss DubSpot’s own, JP Solis mixing it up with rock n’ roll, hip-hop, and classics in the SideBar.

$20 advance / $30 door

Click here to purchase advance tickets.

Saturday, April 7th, 2007

Main Room: David Waxman & Patricia Starr

SideBar: DJ Sizzahandz

Studio Mezmor presents an Easter Spectacular with David Waxman & Patricia Starr!

There are only a few people in the music business that are as multi-facited as David Waxman. From nightclub promoter, to nightclub manager, to DJ and producer, to A&R director and label executive, to manager, he is the epitome of diversity. He has also mixed 15 compilations ranging from chilled, to classics, to electro, to trance and you can hear this diversity in his sets. Whether he is playing at one of the largest clubs in the country, or an ultra exclusive VIP club, he has a unique style that transcends genres.

Listening to the very talented young Patricia Starr is like having you new favorite album that takes you on an emotional journey and leaves you off with a tingle in your stomach wanting more. New York’s #1 female DJ will give you a night to remember with her mix of tribal, progressive, vocal and tech house.

In the SideBar, DJ Sizzahandz mixes it up with hip-hop and R&B.

$20 advance / $30 door

Click here to purchase advance tickets.

This weekend is looking good for Studio. A pretty tight line up. Personally, I'm a fan of Bad Boy, and Waxman has always done his thing when I've caught him! I think Waxman has a new album dropping, so I can't wait to here the new beats! See you on the dance floor!!

BBB+BB=BBBBB

wish i didnt have to work on sat

very good house dj's that don't play here that often, and i'm sure it will be less crowded than dt@ pacha with another month "reunion" party that goes on for 300+ hours

BBB+BB=BBBBB

wish i didnt have to work on sat

very good house dj's that don't play here that often, and i'm sure it will be less crowded than dt@ pacha with another month "reunion" party that goes on for 300+ hours

Yeah, the mega long marathon sets. Partying for like 6 days...I've done it!