bxbomb

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh bulls i called in sick 2 weeks ago f r the 7-1 game

couldnt do it agian

hey ghhhhhost tell your africans to handle their drink

LONDON (AFP) - Chelsea's Ghanian midfielder Michael Essien was arrested for drunk driving in the early hours on Monday after leaving a nightclub, The Sun reported.

Citing a Chelsea insider and a witness, the tabloid said that the 24-year-old was pulled over by police in his black Range Rover, and took a breathalyser test. When the result proved positive, he was arrested.

A spokeswoman for London's Metropolitan Police declined to confirm whether Essien was arrested, as per police policy not to name individuals arrested, but told AFP that at approximately 5:10 am (0410 GMT) on Monday, "officers in Southwark (south London) stopped a vehicle driving in Old Kent Road."

ADVERTISEMENT

"Officers spoke with the driver and subsequently arrested the 24-year-old man on suspicion of drink driving. He was taken into custody and later bailed to return pending further inquiries -- next due on a date in July."

Essien, who was named the BBC's African Footballer of the year in January in a poll in which 12,000 listeners voted, reportedly went clubbing in south London with his friends on Sunday night, before being arrested Monday morning.

His arrest comes as Chelsea chase an unprecedented clean sweep of all three domestic trophies and the Champions League.

"This could not have come at a worse time. The last thing we need are any distractions," a Chelsea insider told the Sun.

An unidentified witness, meanwhile, told the tabloid: "They'd only driven a short distance on the Old Kent Road when a police car pulled them over."

Essien's spokeswoman was quoted as saying that the "police allowed Michael to drive home in his own car."

"He is very upset and does not believe he was over the limit. Michael is a responsible person who would never drive if he thought he would be impaired by alcohol."

i hope you get to see highlights of the crowds reaction to rooney's gw goal, madhouse.

check out scholes little flip to rooney for the 2nd united goal, great stuff. fletcher had a great 2nd half, and kaka was non existant.

does espn replay the whole match at all today?

essien can do w/e he pleases...he is the King of London in my eyes now

and we lost ballack to injury..boo hoo..fuck him..stay injured..take sheva w u ...

yeh shev has been pretty much a bust no?

too many stars on that team only 1 ball

does espn replay the whole match at all today?

doubt it, i can see espn classic replaying that game, but if you have, try fox soccer channel, they always seem to a replay either today or over the next few days. dont even bother watching the first half if ur a united fan.

essien was suspended for tommorows game anyway, so its not like the team will suffer and all of that shit.

whenever i've seen chelski this season, i have not been impressed at all with ballack. shevchenko had a tough start to the season and seemed to get better towards the middle of the year, but ultimately i think he's gonna be a bust in the EPL, it just doesn't suit his style of play.

doubt it, i can see espn classic replaying that game, but if you have, try fox soccer channel, they always seem to a replay either today or over the next few days. dont even bother watching the first half if ur a united fan.

FOX? ESPN has the rights to Champions League games in the US. FSC will not show it.

actually, ESPN Classic is replaying it right now. and i;m still at work.

ESPN Deportes (if you have the beaner package on cable) is replaying at 9pm.

going on a tangent here - Fox Sports in Spanish has to be the most ghetto sports channel out there.

1/2 of the commercials dont have audio.

pre-game to matches are in spanish and then you get the game in english while being able to listen to spanish narration a bit under the english audio.

they start a game in english and finish in spanish.

the start a game in spanish and end in english.

narration of the argentine league hilight show is the worse.

fucking ghetto.

actually no..unlike Leeds..Real...etc we win with our superstars...and we are a team...and with players playing 80 fixtures a season now..how doesnt it make sense to have a loaded team? if u have the $..spend it..Chels has never gone after the Et'o's...the Ronaldinho's...the Kaka's..the Ronaldo's....

we pretty much pick up guys who fit into the mentality of the team and are solid @ their position..it isnt about name recognition w us....i would say a good % of people didnt know who Drogba/Essien were..because most people dont follow the French league...

sheva...mourinho didnt want him..that was Abramovich bringing his buddy to the Bridge

essien was suspended for tommorows game anyway, so its not like the team will suffer and all of that shit.

whenever i've seen chelski this season, i have not been impressed at all with ballack. shevchenko had a tough start to the season and seemed to get better towards the middle of the year, but ultimately i think he's gonna be a bust in the EPL, it just doesn't suit his style of play.

He's awful but much better than Sheva...it sucks that they've been so devalued this season that if we went ahead and sold them..it would most likely be @ a loss..ill give Sheva another reason to get used to the Prem...

actually no..unlike Leeds..Real...etc we win with our superstars...and we are a team...and with players playing 80 fixtures a season now..how doesnt it make sense to have a loaded team? if u have the $..spend it..Chels has never gone after the Et'o's...the Ronaldinho's...the Kaka's..the Ronaldo's....

we pretty much pick up guys who fit into the mentality of the team and are solid @ their position..it isnt about name recognition w us....i would say a good % of people didnt know who Drogba/Essien were..because most people dont follow the French league...

sheva...mourinho didnt want him..that was Abramovich bringing his buddy to the Bridge

He's awful but much better than Sheva...it sucks that they've been so devalued this season that if we went ahead and sold them..it would most likely be @ a loss..ill give Sheva another reason to get used to the Prem...

i kinda recall last year drogba was struggling to adapt and there was talk of sending him to Inter as a deal to get Adriano. Shevchenko has shown flashes here and there, of course aside from having to adapt to a different style of play in the EPL, he also has to adapt to the new teamates.

i firts heard of drogba when he was at o. marseille and they reached the UEFA Cup final. wegner stated that Arsenal had been following him since before he got there, but the guy is as solid of a fwd. as there is out there. it's extremely tough to beat him 1 on 1, not only his speed and ability, but his strength makes it difficult for defenders to have to deal with him.

and you are correct, mourinho has brought players that fit his system over to chelsea. if one or two go down or are suspended he can almost make a simple tactical change and plug in someone from the bench and you see almost no difference whatsoever in their play.

real is a dissaster. real's success the first 3 years of florentino perez's period as president got to his head too much. firing del bosque and starting to sign names for the sake of signinig names with no interest in the composition of the squad did them in.

idiots went after Ronaldo and Michael Owne when they already had Fernando Morientes and Samuel Etoo under contract.

idiots went after Ronaldo and Michael Owne when they already had Fernando Morientes and Samuel Etoo under contract.

Yes, Perez was an idiot. They co-owned Eto'o with Real Mallorca (he came up through Real's youth academy), and therefore had the first option to purchase him. They decided against it, and let Barca come in w/o any resistance or asking for compensation.

Perez chose to buy Beckham over Ronaldinho, because the Brazilian is "ugly". What great decision that turned out to be.

I don't even have the faintest clue why they bought Cassano.