Clubplanet Nightlife Community

On to Athens!!!! (for ghhhooost)

ur team has basically been out of the race for the Prem since January....while we chased Man U all season long..and had something else to play for but the CL...so the fact that it took PK's to beat a battered tired injured team..isnt really saying alot.

u want milan to beat Man U..but i think that is going to work against you..considering Milan hasnt had as hectic of a schedule as Man U...so if u meet Milan in Athens..2005 will not be repeated..theyre going to tear into u from all directions..and Gattuso is going to make ur boys cry

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we already discussed the injury situation of the teams. liverpool alos lost key men to injuries so i wont repeat what i already said. i also wont repeat the finacial aspect and advamtadge that Chelski has in terms of sqaud depth.

i know Livrpool is still not there yet in terms of winning the EPL, but you cant tak them for granted when it comes to knock out competitions, and you cant bet against Benitez either. his record is out there for everyone to see, both in his time in Valencia and now at Liverpool.

sorry, Chelski and Mourinho are just being sore losers, lime they always are.

this Liverpool team is much better than the one in 2005, and the Milan suqad is 2 years older. also, these Milan plaers have not had any break since last year since much of them were at the World Cup, and please, Ancelotti vs. Rafa? No competition there.

Mourinho the deluded one

News conference: Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho

News conference: Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez

By Phil McNulty

Chief football writer at Anfield

Mourinho maintained his side were superior - they were not

Jose Mourinho was stripped of his self-appointed status as the special one and became the deluded one as Liverpool visited another Champions League nightmare upon Chelsea.

Mourinho's disappointment was understandable, as he had to swallow a second semi-final defeat in front of an Anfield gallery that has taken particular exception to his unique, outspoken personality.

But it took all of Mourinho's brass neck and some very thick blue-tinted spectacles to sit and declare - without any sign of his tongue drilling a hole in his cheek - that the best team lost and that Chelsea were truly deserving of a place in the Athens final.

Nonsense. Every word of it.

If Mourinho truly believed Chelsea were the stronger team, the team pressing inexorably for victory, the team throwing men forward at set pieces to secure the goal that would have made a final place certain, he kids no-one but himself.

Mourinho's self-belief is iron-clad, but in this instance he simply used it as a shield against what was a grim reality for Chelsea.

"Chelsea tried to win it in 90 minutes. Chelsea tried to win it in extra time. The best team was the team in blue," he said.

Liverpool were the side that deserved the win

And on it went in an assessment that was nothing short of bemusing.

Liverpool were the side that deserved the win, even if it came in the awful lottery of penalties.

Rafael Benitez's side showed the greater verve and variety - just look at the work-sheet of the two goalkeepers if you want proof.

Pepe Reina, before his penalty heroics, made a fine save from Didier Drogba and endured the odd skirmish around the six-yard area.

Chelsea counterpart Petr Cech was beaten by Daniel Agger's first-half strike, saved brilliantly from Peter Crouch and watched Dirk Kuyt's header hit a post.

Dutch striker Kuyt also saw a goal ruled out by a marginal offside and brought a fine save from Cech in the final seconds after he was played in by Robbie Fowler.

Chelsea, in the real world away from the place Mourinho appeared to be occupying, were brave, resilient, and only the hardest heart would not feel a tinge of sympathy for men like John Terry and Claude Makelele.

But they were pedestrian, unambitious, and seemed to have a simple plan A aimed at securing a goalless draw.

Once that went west, plan B was a horribly basic approach of hoofing the ball in the general direction of Didier Drogba and crossing fingers that these scraps would lead to a feast.

It did not work and never looked like working, hence general astonishment at Mourinho's swiftly drawn up attempt to re-write history.

Chelsea ultimately paid the price for failing to kill Liverpool off in the first match at Stamford Bridge, a game Mourinho was well within his rights to say his team dominated.

This game was Liverpool's and Benitez's. They will not care one jot for the somewhat bizarre analysis offered up by Mourinho.

Liverpool, fuelled by another firecracker of an Anfield atmosphere, deserved their place in the final.

And after the miracle of Istanbul in 2005, who would bet against Benitez making it a remarkable two Champions League wins in three seasons at Liverpool?

yeah, yeah, yeah. you want to talk titles? you lag WAY behind Liverpool domestically and internationally, so dont go down that road.

PK or no PK, YOU WANTED THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, that was your season going down the drain, you could care less about the FA Cup, the League Cup, the EPL, this is what you set your goals on, and again you have failed to an (on paper) far inferior team.

if you cant even defeat a pathetic little team like us, what makes you think you deserve to be the best in Europe?

this is what you want - we've got 5 of them, you've got none.

Liverpool__Champion_192958c.jpg

~~~~~WHAT YOU DREAM ABOUT, WE HAVE ACCOMPLISHED~~~~~

im rooting for livpool vs milan

i guess im in the minority

Question === if your a prem fan shouldnt you root for a Prem team even if ya hate em in your own league

like id root for any team (cept possibly the sox) if the world series was truly a W.S Like lets say the Mets vs CUba or sumthin like that

OR is the rivalry between MAnu Chelsea and LIvpools of the epl that strong they dont want their own league teams to win??

im rooting for livpool vs milan

i guess im in the minority

Question === if your a prem fan shouldnt you root for a Prem team even if ya hate em in your own league

like id root for any team (cept possibly the sox) if the world series was truly a W.S Like lets say the Mets vs CUba or sumthin like that

OR is the rivalry between MAnu Chelsea and LIvpools of the epl that strong they dont want their own league teams to win??

No the rivalry is vicious, so you would support Milan. I'm an Inter fan, and while I hate Liverpool, I want them to come through.

its fucking london!

and "rivalry" between Arsenal and Chelsea is laughable

Wow, isn't that the lamest copout ever? Croatia and Serbia?

"its fucking yugoslavia!

and "rivalry" between Dinamo Zagreb and Red Star Belgrade is laughable"

speaking of croats and serbs

this is topical

Thu May 3, 7:55 AM ET

ZAGREB (Reuters) - Croatia will open a major war crimes trial in June of two generals indicted for atrocities against rebel Serbs, in another test case of its readiness to deal with the recent past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mirko Norac and Rahim Ademi, an ethnic Albanian, have been charged with commanding troops who killed some 30 Serb civilians and prisoners of war during a swift commando incursion into rebel territory in southern Croatia in September 1993.

The trial -- seen as a test case for the judiciary of this European Union candidate country -- will start in Zagreb on June 18, the state news agency Hina reported on Thursday.

"The trial will have nine hearings before the summer break. Only the prosecution and the generals' defense teams are summoned to the first hearings, while witness testimonies will follow after summer," Zagreb county court spokesman Kresimir Devcic told the agency.

The case was initially investigated by the Hague war crimes tribunal for former Yugoslavia but was later transferred to the Croatian judiciary.

"This is the first case the Hague tribunal has handed to the Croatian judiciary and we will be following with interest. It's another test case of whether the local judiciary is mature enough," said a European Commission official in Zagreb.

"Unlike in the past, this time we do not expect any protests or rallies by right-wing groups or war veterans, and that's a good sign," the official said. Croatia hopes to join the European Union around 2010.

Norac is already serving a 12-year sentence for a separate war crime against Serb civilians. His arrest in 2001 and trial -- the first of a high-ranking army officer since Croatia's 1991 independence -- were marked by widespread anti-government protests.

Ademi, who surrendered voluntarily to the Hague tribunal, was not jailed while awaiting trial, but must not leave his place of residence, talk to the press or influence witnesses.

Earlier this month, another local court indicted a powerful parliamentarian, Branimir Glavas, and six other people for killings of Serb civilians in the eastern town of Osijek in late 1991. Glavas is the first senior state official to be charged with such offences.

Wow, isn't that the lamest copout ever? Croatia and Serbia?

"its fucking yugoslavia!

and "rivalry" between Dinamo Zagreb and Red Star Belgrade is laughable"

nice try buddy..but ur not gona get a rise out of me w that comparison..cause u and i know the 2 issues r as close as polaks and intellect

nice. i hope he can adjust to playing in the EPL, but i saw both games between gremio and sao paulo in libertadores the last 2 weeks and the guy looks like a stud.

btw doom, i guess inter got caught up with the scudetto celebrations, they looked awful against roma.

and what about barcelona crashing out of the spanish cup? 4-0 loss at getafe. i got my $ that real will overtake them and win the title in spain.

Ferguson to go after Etoo for 27 mill neighborhood

is the guy that good?

i guess Sahas gone

yeah. from what i've read looks like saha would be heading to tottenham in exchange for berbatov. manu is also keen on signing renato augusto from flamengo for 33 mill.

and yes, etoo is THAT good. he's hot headed though, but he's definitely a world class striker, no coincidence that ever since he got to barcelona 3 years ago, barcelona has won 2 spanish leagues and champions league last year. youtube him up and you'll see the quality finisher he is.

milan is rumored to be after him as well.

but imho, manu needs a defensive midfielder more than anything. the games vs Milan exposed their weaknesses from the midfield to the back. they are solid going fwd. but defensively i would not bank on brown, vidic, and ferdinand. maybe that trio is good enough for the EPL, but they get eaten alive against elite european clubs.

trhe only one in the manu back line that would make it anywhere would be heinze, aside from him, the defense is pedestrian.