Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Global Underground release tour kickoff with ADAM FREELAND - friday may 18th@ shine

shinemiami

you'll have to excuse Phillip, he only listens to music made 5 years ago. He has no idea who or what you're talking about.

:flush:

So now a dj should spin only the latest tracks out there, eh?

Me thinks you've been smoking too many maple leaves... no doubt! :D

true but it can be a little narrow in nature.

So let me get this straight: I'm supposed to be like all the douchebags on Tooljunkie who force themselves to like everyone's set they hear? And even if their peanut of a brain tells them that they hate the set, they will still kiss the ass of the dj and take ten minutes to write a poorly written review where every other word is spelled incorrectly, only to prove that they have not betrayed their ass-kissing loyalties to said dj? Give me a fucking break, Sebastian... I showed up, I bought and paid for three or four drinks in one hour and I probably tipped $4-$5 per drink (that's probably more than that "professional photographer," pod, has paid for drinks in his entire life). If you don't appreciate the support, I'm sorry. :(

Am I narrow-minded when it comes to music? Sure! There's too much rubbish out there and too much gravitates toward this "fine city of ours." Am I proud of being a picky, over-critical elitist? Fuck yes! Why should I congratulate djs with over-inflated egoes who bask in a false sense of self-importance patting themselves on the back after every set? Let the fuckos rest on their laurels... you and I both know that it's those who push hard and show potential that end up achieving in the end. I give credit where credit is due.

If I sat back and licked lollipops everytime I got a C+ in pre-Algebra (while accepting toy train sets from my mommy and daddy), I would have never gotten a Bachelor's in Aero Engineering and I would certainly not have continued my studies for a Master's degree. I am 100% certain you can claim similar achievements (albeit in the field of corporate accounting).

I would much rather be labeled an elitist with a narrow scope in musical taste than a flip-flopping, pill-bosher/vacuum cleaner/needle junkie/liver recipient who has fun at every party only to "fit in." :D

i do agree with phillip when he says that too many dj's pat themselves on the back after every set. unfortunately not every set they play are as good as the sets that the 4 dj's played at shine a few fridays ago. wicked!!!!! i want more?when?soon.......i hope.

So let me get this straight: I'm supposed to be like all the douchebags on Tooljunkie who force themselves to like everyone's set they hear? And even if their peanut of a brain tells them that they hate the set, they will still kiss the ass of the dj and take ten minutes to write a poorly written review where every other word is spelled incorrectly, only to prove that they have not betrayed their ass-kissing loyalties to said dj? Give me a fucking break, Sebastian... I showed up, I bought and paid for three or four drinks in one hour and I probably tipped $4-$5 per drink (that's probably more than that "professional photographer," pod, has paid for drinks in his entire life). If you don't appreciate the support, I'm sorry. :(

Am I narrow-minded when it comes to music? Sure! There's too much rubbish out there and too much gravitates toward this "fine city of ours." Am I proud of being a picky, over-critical elitist? Fuck yes! Why should I congratulate djs with over-inflated egoes who bask in a false sense of self-importance patting themselves on the back after every set? Let the fuckos rest on their laurels... you and I both know that it's those who push hard and show potential that end up achieving in the end. I give credit where credit is due.

If I sat back and licked lollipops everytime I got a C+ in pre-Algebra (while accepting toy train sets from my mommy and daddy), I would have never gotten a Bachelor's in Aero Engineering and I would certainly not have continued my studies for a Master's degree. I am 100% certain you can claim similar achievements (albeit in the field of corporate accounting).

I would much rather be labeled an elitist with a narrow scope in musical taste than a flip-flopping, pill-bosher/vacuum cleaner/needle junkie/liver recipient who has fun at every party only to "fit in." :D

fair enough my Greek friend :itsok: