Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BIG DADDY KANE @ CLUB TABU MAY 6th

• 2 weeks later...
Freeze maybe if you spent less time doing headspins on cardboard growing up, you could actually write a sentence.

Its statements like these that make me laugh... Freeze made millions doing headspins.. fortunately because he could spin on his head he really doesn't need to write a sentence. He is actually buying and selling real estate while spinning on his head on occasion... yet still making more then all us on this board..

Hate Freeze, and go ahead and talk shit about him, he actually loves it, but why do you all disrespect his friends and the talent he brings. These guys help create Hip-Hop... pioneers of the game. Even Masterweb can respect that.

I don't believe anybody really cares how much money anyone else makes here. It's about earning respect among your peers before demanding it. If you come into a community and take shots at people, then people shoot back. It's human nature.

And I respect the pioneers. The question is do they respect us? It seems the answer to that is often no, and that's what I take exception to.

I remember a few months ago when Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five were interviewed on BET. The host asked them which artists they felt were getting the job done today. Not one of them even seemed to know the name of a new current artist, except Grandmaster, who answered in a smart ass way. He said "only as a DJ, I gotta say mims." In other words, he wasn't giving props for anything except that the #1 song was liked by the people he plays music for in the club.

Its statements like these that make me laugh... Freeze made millions doing headspins.. fortunately because he could spin on his head he really doesn't need to write a sentence. He is actually buying and selling real estate while spinning on his head on occasion... yet still making more then all us on this board..

Hate Freeze, and go ahead and talk shit about him, he actually loves it, but why do you all disrespect his friends and the talent he brings. These guys help create Hip-Hop... pioneers of the game. Even Masterweb can respect that.

wow you really suck him off huh..

and you have no clue how much anyone on this board makes :laugh:

why do you all disrespect his friends and the talent he brings. These guys help create Hip-Hop... pioneers of the game.

Most everyone on this board has loads of respect for the big names that Freeze brings in to town. And for the most part, people respect the role Freeze himself has played in the roots of hip-hop culture.

What we don't respect is Freeze slagging off on EVERYBODY ELSE. Freeze has a long history on this board of being negative towards every other person and every other thing in the Vegas nightclub industry. His participation in this board has been limited to posting flyers for his own events and insulting everyone and everything else.

Perhaps Freeze thinks this is all OK because the idea of a "battle" is part and parcel of hip-hop culture. Whatever. Battles are fought between willing participants, and are decided not by the bravado or self-belief but rather by winning approval of the crowd.

Most everyone on this board has loads of respect for the big names that Freeze brings in to town. And for the most part, people respect the role Freeze himself has played in the roots of hip-hop culture.

What we don't respect is Freeze slagging off on EVERYBODY ELSE. Freeze has a long history on this board of being negative towards every other person and every other thing in the Vegas nightclub industry. His participation in this board has been limited to posting flyers for his own events and insulting everyone and everything else.

Perhaps Freeze thinks this is all OK because the idea of a "battle" is part and parcel of hip-hop culture. Whatever. Battles are fought between willing participants, and are decided not by the bravado or self-belief but rather by winning approval of the crowd.

I agree with you... I understand why you all hate Freeze.. But KRS-ONE everyone tried to rip on, Big daddy Kane, now Grand master flash... Just seems fucked up... they aren't on here battling with all you.

I don't believe anybody really cares how much money anyone else makes here. It's about earning respect among your peers before demanding it. If you come into a community and take shots at people, then people shoot back. It's human nature.

And I respect the pioneers. The question is do they respect us? It seems the answer to that is often no, and that's what I take exception to.

I remember a few months ago when Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five were interviewed on BET. The host asked them which artists they felt were getting the job done today. Not one of them even seemed to know the name of a new current artist, except Grandmaster, who answered in a smart ass way. He said "only as a DJ, I gotta say mims." In other words, he wasn't giving props for anything except that the #1 song was liked by the people he plays music for in the club.

I agree with you as well... But why would someone make a remark like maybe he should stop doing head spins so he can learn to write a sentence makes no sense... WHo the fuck cares if can write a sentence, I don't want to see him spell words although his attempts are entertaining, his dancing and super slide sundays are far more entertaining.

I agree with you... I understand why you all hate Freeze.. But KRS-ONE everyone tried to rip on, Big daddy Kane, now Grand master flash... Just seems fucked up... they aren't on here battling with all you.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my jibes against some of Freeze's bookings are in response to Freeze putting down everyone else's bookings. And venues. And employees. And clientele.

I absolutely LIVE for music. And when someone insults my music, my friends, and my venues, that's an insult to me.

I agree with you as well... But why would someone make a remark like maybe he should stop doing head spins so he can learn to write a sentence makes no sense... WHo the fuck cares if can write a sentence, I don't want to see him spell words although his attempts are entertaining, his dancing and super slide sundays are far more entertaining.

This is a message board. People communicate using words in this forum. If someone participates without showing the ability to form an English sentence, then others will bash him or her.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't hate any of those people. That won't stop me from forming an opinion on their actions, regardless of what they accomplished 20 years ago.

the reason the old school does not mention any of the new school is because they truly are whack.

i think the new mc's that disserve any mention,and these guy's came 15 years after the fact who'd be...

1) chubb rock

2) brand newbiens

3) D.O.C

4) special ed

5) krs 1

6) big daddy kane

7) rakim

8)souls of mischief

9) main source

10) pharcyde

the people from now are simply not mc's.

not my opinion but a fact.

mr freeze

rock staedy crew

the reason the old school does not mention any of the new school is because they truly are whack.

i think the new mc's that disserve any mention,and these guy's came 15 years after the fact who'd be...

1) chubb rock

2) brand newbiens

3) D.O.C

4) special ed

5) krs 1

6) big daddy kane

7) rakim

8)souls of mischief

9) main source

10) pharcyde

mr freeze

rock staedy crew

and THIS GUY IS THE KING OF ALL BATTLE DJS!!!

Q-bert-Flyer_BACKweb.jpg

1) chubb rock

2) brand newbiens

3) D.O.C

4) special ed

5) krs 1

6) big daddy kane

7) rakim

8)souls of mischief

9) main source

10) pharcyde

mr freeze

rock staedy crew

You forgot a few (and these mcs are still selling records)...

Jay-Z

Ice Cube

Method Man

Biggie

Pac

Snoop

Outkast

Eminem

1) chubb rock

2) brand newbiens

3) D.O.C

4) special ed

5) krs 1

6) big daddy kane

7) rakim

8)souls of mischief

9) main source

10) pharcyde

I love that these "new" acts have all been around for over 15 years (with the exception of Souls of Mischief, who formed in 1993).

This is "not my opinion but a fact."

As for the "old school" not paying respect to any othese "wack new acts," what then do you have to say about one of your favorite awards, the VH1 Hip-Hop Honors? You know, the one that shows guys like Afrika Bambaataa, Rakim, Kane, and Grandmaster Flash giving standing ovations to the likes of Common, Snoop, Kanye West, Xzibit and Nelly?

This too is "not my opinion but a fact."

I love that these "new" acts have all been around for over 15 years (with the exception of Souls of Mischief, who formed in 1993).

As for the "old school" not paying respect to any othese "wack new acts," what then do you have to say about one of your favorite awards, the VH1 Hip-Hop Honors? You know, the one that shows guys like Afrika Bambaataa, Rakim, Kane, and Grandmaster Flash giving standing ovations to the likes of Common, Snoop, Kanye West, Xzibit and Nelly?

come on there just bieng nice.

i was nice to hammer when i saw him at the vh1 honors,and he built his rep off dance,and he cant dance.

we are just being nice.

mr freeze rsc

i said they came 15 years after the creation.

mr freeze rsc

Kanye West great nelly not a rapper.

mr freeze rsc