Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Becoming THE promoter

sorry if im a little slow as to how its done, other than going to alot of parties....but im actually just getting out of the service and i would love nothing more than to promote events...where can i start besides the obvious(go to parties, etc.)? help.

Only thing i can say is believe in your product.

I agree 100%. I get calls at least 3 times a week from people asking me to get involved with parties that I really have no love for, and are not something I would want to put my name on.

I was once at a club talking to a "Big" promoter (who shall remain nameless but, but I'm sure a lot of people have been to this guys parites), he had a really big DJ booked for that night, and didn't even know who he was. He told me "I never heared of this guy, someone else told me to book him, Id rather have ____ (Insert random NYC DJ that everyone has heared 10,000 times here) spin.

I agree 100%. I get calls at least 3 times a week from people asking me to get involved with parties that I really have no love for, and are not something I would want to put my name on.

Thats exactly whats been happening with me for the past yr and a half and its very important i think.

God..I never reply to these things..but here we go..Promoting is a tough job..a lot less glamorous than people think..a lot of details to worry about..and more often than not..except for the really big promoters..the financial rewards can be just ok. It is really important to be teachable and open to learning and making mistakes. I don't know everything about the scene..there are sooo many DJ's now..I can't possibly know everyone...so don't be afraid not to know something. AND be prepared to make mistakes and have failures..when u do fail get right up and keep it moving..and remember there is a whole world out there outside of this small world we call club land..try and get out once in a while. God I sound so old! But I guess it comes from the school of hard knocks..good luck!

sorry if im a little slow as to how its done, other than going to alot of parties....but im actually just getting out of the service and i would love nothing more than to promote events...where can i start besides the obvious(go to parties, etc.)? help.

I would say to start off trashing pacha, then promote for them.

promoters suck...

what do you mean? also, thx for the tips guys. i actually got a pretty sweet job...the thing im trying to understand now is how will i get people to mention my name at the door so i'll at least get compensated for the amount of people i bring....?

aka "pull a bull"

:bowdown:

What parties have i promoted for pacha exactly? Remember Stimulus Response was not created at Pacha but was asked to be exclusive at pacha after 5 succesful parties at other venues theres a difference. Also dont forget the parties i did at Love and use to work with at Le souk. So again please tell me what parties i have "promoted" for pacha? Maybe it will happen but tell me when it has happened?

what crowd to you usually cater to? fliers seem so average...i guess everybody has resorted to myspace or facebook...it that really the best technique tho?

you are basically asking promoters to give out their trade secrets... it def. doesn't seem like promoting is the career move you should make...

you are basically asking promoters to give out their trade secrets... it def. doesn't seem like promoting is the career move you should make...

LoL...had i known i'd get flamed for asking questions i wouldnt have asked heh...but its kewl...i threw my first party at this rented out lodge last night...and it was a hit...now i just got to do it on a larger scale...but thx for the advice anyway.