Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is it true Twilo Miami shutting Down?

I heard and read that nightclubs in southbeach and downtown miami security is no good at these clubs compare to nyc. Why build nightclubs in the ghettoe stupid. Ghettoe people not into house music at all. Ghettoe people all gangster and criminals. thats what ruined Club exit,tunnel,speed,roxy, and they ruineing club avalon thusday friday and sat and china club thursday fri and sat.. In NYc

I heard and read that nightclubs in southbeach and downtown miami security is no good at these clubs compare to nyc. Why build nightclubs in the ghettoe stupid. Ghettoe people not into house music at all. Ghettoe people all gangster and criminals. thats what ruined Club exit,tunnel,speed,roxy, and they ruineing club avalon thusday friday and sat and china club thursday fri and sat.. In NYc

Agreed but Roxy stayed alive for as long as it did because of the NY gay community,Avalon was done the second they started hip/hop nights,Speed as well.BTW I have heard Spirit closed down because of the Hip/hop nights there..not sure if its completely true,but I would not be surprised if that were the case.This isn't the main reason but,ghetto people and hip/hop music is one of the reasons why the NY clubscene is basically dead.

Yes, Twilo Miami is closed now. Poor planning and lack of interest shut it down. They weren't open on Fridays and on Saturdays they decided to cater to the gay crowd. Nothing against gay people but straight people in Miami will not go to a gay club even if the DJ is awesome. Twilo only pulled in people when they had special guest DJ's or during the WMC. But those special occasions were far and few in between.

Yes, Twilo Miami is closed now. Poor planning and lack of interest shut it down. They weren't open on Fridays and on Saturdays they decided to cater to the gay crowd. Nothing against gay people but straight people in Miami will not go to a gay club even if the DJ is awesome. Twilo only pulled in people when they had special guest DJ's or during the WMC. But those special occasions were far and few in between.
You have got to be kidding me,fuck the str8 people...they dont know how to party anyway!!!Anyway,the Gays werent even going to Twilo,after Peter Rauhofer fucked Twilo over because of their cheapness and lack of intrest in serving the gay community,Twilo wasnt even filling up on Saturdays,The problem with them is,the management/owners were str8,they dont know what gay people like and probably didnt care.They probably just assumed that if they just threw any old DJ in the booth,it would get the gays dancing.IMO the place was just Miami's wannabe Roxy.It probably failed because they didnt know the market and didnt care much about it.Which is probably why it only made it through one year or so.