Clubplanet Nightlife Community

vinyl busted

pep

dear mr. police officer;

how to do a successful club drug bust [unlike the one you did tonight at vinyl]

1. 40 yr old lesbian cops wiht billie jean king hairdos in sports bras jumping like cindy brady on acid is a dead giveaway that something is not right in the state of house music

2. pretendijng that you are high makes you look like an idiot and tells everyone around you that you are an idiot i.e. a jarhead cop under cover

3. packing a club with dozens of unfamiliar faces all badly dressed with no style or charisma and a severe lack of dancing skills will alert the real patrons who do have style and can dance that giuliani is losing it and desperate

4. making hand signals to your buddies cross the dance floor and whispering in each others ears as you stare at the clubbers and the floor will just encourage people to drop or pop their supplies before you nab them, 5. wearing glow sticks on your arms while pushing 40 ...no need to explain

6. clsoing down a club at 2 am - way too early for real police work - and forcing hundreds of clubbers to wait on line before they leave will not get yuo good press

7. busting a bus load of 21 yr olds for a pill or 2 each will not fight the real problems in the country...why you bother with smiling happy dancers who cause no trouble i have no idea.

8. when was the last time you answered a call for trouble or vioelnce of any kind at vinyl of all places?

be afraid people.

this is just the beginning.

i talked to someone who was there last nite:

they turned on the lights, asked Danny to stop the music (he playing his new GU CD), kept people inside Vinyl during 45 - 60 minutes

i was told that over 1000 cops where there...

hmmmm that's way too much! sorry!

------------------

it's hot in here, it's dark in here

[This message has been edited by renaudfromParis (edited 08-20-2000).]

How upsetting. Here I was logging on to see what I had missed (I had a DR's appt this morning I couldn't miss)

Only to see I missed a raid?

What kind of bullshit is this? Raids are what killed Tunnel, and I can think of a dozen clubs to ruin BEFORE Vinyl (not that I want ANY clubs raided).

Vinyl is about grooves, Peace, Love, Unity and Respect.

We are becoming a police state, is a curfew far behind?

FUCK GIULIANI!!!!

------------------

Din Da Da

All I have to say is that other clubs ie Twilo have had people who have died there recently, and on a regular night have people taken away in ambulances that goes for Sound Factory as well, and now that Tunnel is back in effect you know the crackheads will be out in full force...it's a shame because...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

i WAS f-iNg pissed, I went @ quater to five with some heads and the place was padded up. It was a total shock. Why of all the places in the city was Vinyl choosen? I think that the situation was probably worse at maany other places.

I a not a regular there on Friday, so I can't say, Is it that bad/obvious the drug traffic to warrant something like that? If this is the story of things to come, we are going to have some bad times ahead of us.

parish

Hate to see another one of out institutions shut down like that. Specially on DT's nite. All those encouraging tourist to come, but think of all the people and money these place bring to our city. Better quality of life my ass! Maybe those in charge. The real issue is that they don't like us or what we do and stand for. But it gonna take lot more to shut us down. Keep your head up people and your eyes and ears open. And DONT forget to vote this Nov.

They haveto hear us someday

I was there too last night at Vinyl. What the Fuck?! As I read Pep's post, and I realized yeah it was kinda weird last night in the crowd. Lot of people there that " should not have been there" as in undercover pigs.Some very butch women were dressed up rather oddly...did anyone catch them? I smell cops on them.

I honestly thought as did everyone in the club that Danny was joking around when he said that the NYPD is shutting the club down. I didn't believe it until I saw the flashlights. Damn...and on his GU release party too. They had no justified reason to attack Vinyl. Plus it seemed to well strategized for it to happen last night. I feel for Danny T. If this shit happens at Twilo, I'm gonna have a shit fit. Well, Tunnel is re-opening tonight.....anyone wanna bet the cops will be staking the place out?

Although on the plus side of the night, I met some peepz from the messageboard...Mariah, girl you were a sweetheart smile.gif, TranceEnergy and Human101. Two very awesome dudes, and we took the vibe to Twilo after they kicked us out. One of the best nights out I had in a while. cool.gif

------------------

"Dance to the beat, jump from my feet."

shadowchaser076@aol.com

They finally realised that some of the people might suffocate in that little hallway, so that started letting everyone out faster. I don't know why they were so slow, my friend who got out before me didn't get searched, but still had to stand there a long time waiting to get out. I think it's totally stupid, because the security guys were really searching people and a guy I went with got turned away because he had a bag of weed on him. Then I went to Twilo afterwards, and they didn't even pat me down on the way in. Everyone was off their head in Twilo, but in Vinyl only a few people were. Why the attention there?

I did hear though that one of the reasons was that they were selling alcohol w/o a license. When I was there two weeks ago I was getting beer at the front bar. I noticed the same barman who sold me the beer getting hauled off in handcuffs. But making people go out so slow when it was 150 degrees was an outrage.

JohnB

Thats fucking wack!!!

I was coming out the holland tunnel and i could tell something was going on there ... that sucks ... Why would the cops pick vinyl of all places to raid on a friday????I think this was a delibrate move on vinyl in conjuction with the cops and corrupt club owners trying to steal vinyls crowd ...

FUCK THE POLICE & FUCK POLITICS

------------------

I love this house,

this house of house

i got there around 2:30, now this was my first time going to vinyl so i was really excited, so i get in there start getting into the vibe and i really liked the place up until 15 min later i see cops come in and Danny announce that the place was closing and that everyone had to leave!!! i thought it was a joke! i couldnt believe it!! but then they turned the lights on and realized it was real, i was soooo pissed!! just my luck i figured. then it took like an hour after that to get out of the place cause they were checking everyone one by one and when u got outside they had a whole SWAT team waiting in trucks and cars and lined up all over the place with big spotlights and all the cops lined up waiting for something..i felt like i was in a movie or something... i was so dissapointed and annoyed......

better luck next time i guess

-------------------

~Music Is The Answer! wink.gif

Originally posted by renaudfromParis:

i talked to someone who was there last nite:

they turned on the lights, asked Danny to stop the music (he playing his new GU CD), kept people inside Vinyl during 45 - 60 minutes

i was told that over 1000 cops where there...

So far this is the best reprensentaion of what happened. But no 1000 cops.

Yeah, I was waiting like an hour (thankfully I was a little sober and had nothing on me), so I went up to one of the cops and said "could I just leave plese?" and they laughed and pointed to the line to get out. They wre searching people 5 at a time for the longest.

THen we finally got out- WOW spot lights everywhere! I was like Hi MOM, are we on TV?

My friend knows Danny, man was he upset.

Talk about a head killer! What?? WE got there rolling and excited to dance when we saw about 50 cops in front talking about "I'm sorry the club's closed!" Holy shit all dressed and trippin and no where to go!......

We bounced over to Centro Fly......Sucked ass and then some!!! Ugggggh Guliani you suck balls!!!

Going in to a club like VInyl and arresting some people for 1 or 2 pills is NOT a help to the war on drugs....thats totally bullshit...Shis is getting crazy thought, everything is getting busted down on...about 2 days ago at a bar in my town..dea came in and arrested over 25 people for coke and pills....BE SAFE.

-dave

------------------

WORD..