Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Faarsheed's New Night @ JET along w Chris Garcia, Josh D, & Eddie McDonald

shervinf

KILLER evening last week... one of the best house nights I've experienced in Vegas in quite a while...

3400 was packed and absolutely hopping all night... Eddie, Chris and Faarsheed all put on truly solid sets, each of them with their own flavor yet all feeding the vibe of the night perfectly... and Jes sounded absolutely incredible in there, she sang two different sets, bunch of her new tracks as well as the crowd favorites...

...and hell yeah beautiful women were filling the room that night... even by Vegas standards it was a VERY good-looking crowd... locals were out in force to be sure...

Great thing is that word is already spreading among the house lovers all over the southwest. Both before and after 3400 I was running into people in SoCal and Denver that knew about it, everyone is making damn sure they're around for a Monday night on their next Vegas trip...

WOW second installment of 3400 was even better last night! Best of all, they're getting the sound system in that room tweaked much better for house music (as compared to rock/hip-hop/whatever)... was good in there the first week, but last night the sound quality was really outstanding.

Kaycee took part in the whole evening with his always-amazing live drumming, and the opening set from Eddie McDonald was sick, probably the best I've ever heard from him.

I was pretty spent from gigs of my own in 4 of the previous 5 days so I had to duck out around 4am, but the room was still slamming when I left. Really great crowd in there, a lot of different people from the previous week but an awesome vibe all the same, great balance of locals and visitors, gorgeous women everywhere. Big ups to the wait and bar staff for embracing the Ibizia theme and dressing in bikinis as well. :)

Fuck I missed it again! Faarsheed has pics on his site from the first couple weeks, and its killing me looking at these pictures, and not being able to see it in person. I heard it was even better this week. Im so glad to hear how well its going, & how amazing the vibe and quality has been. I know he will make it only better each week that passes. Hope to be there soon!

2007-08-06Jet_3400_Paolo_Flyer_01.jpg2007-08-06Jet_3400_Paolo_Flyer_02.jpg

Nights on the Circuit

August 9, 2007

by Xania Woodman

THEIR HOUSE IS YOUR HOME: 3400 new reasons to look forward to Monday

Tuesday, August 7, 1:21 a.m.

I’d imagine that in any other city, the word Monday is interchangeable with mundane: A nasty drive to work, the start of the work week, maybe a workout, then home to get ahead on some more work. Work, work, work. In any other city, that is. But for many a Sin City citizen, Monday is actually Funday; nightlife- and entertainment-industry employees often have Sunday/Monday or Monday/Tuesday as their weekend. Also, those industry people, well, they love their house music, don’t they? Jet doesn’t just know this to be a fact, they live it and breath it every week on Industry Mondays. But locals aren’t the only ones who take Jet up on their Monday night offering; tourists and business travelers on long weekends enjoy the party, too. So when I heard that Jet gave their former rock room a complete house-music overhaul just for Mondays, I couldn’t wait to see what they came up with.

“Every day I’m hustling/Every day I’m hustling.†Yeah, Rick Ross? Well, you’re not the only one. I’m being squeezed through Jet’s main-room throng like a tube of very little toothpaste. Sunglasses guy, Barbie girl, frat boy and thug all squish by, our bodies smearing together. This isn’t what I want. “Party Like a Rock Star†gets an all-too-reverent moment of silence, and I use the pause before the beat drops to duck back into 3400 for the new party Destination: House.

I had arrived early, at 11:30, to check out the renovation. Hot! The sign for 3400, the new Monday night house party-within-a-party, is projected over the doorway. Bespectacled and with a cigarette balanced on his lip, resident DJ Eddie McDonald opens for the headliner, London’s Paolo Mojo; fellow resident Faarsheed jumps in both before and after, and Chris Garcia will round out the night somewhere just before dawn.

Ladies dance on the bass bins, just beneath two of the eight dangling gauze lanterns that remind me of Godskitchen and Ice. I assumed they were there to strategically improve the sound quality, but Faarsheed tells me they’re ornamental. Either way, the sound is impeccable. Production consultant Johnny Caron of the Funky Tekno Tribe is the reputed master of tiny details that affect the overall product: “It’s tuned just right,†declares Faarsheed. I observe that the closer you are to the DJ, the cooler you are. Or perhaps it’s that the cooler you are, the closer you can get to the DJ. The new raised-corner DJ booth creates a cul-de-sac of such coolness at the end of the bar, where Mike Hanley is passing out the Patron. “I’m the house man!†he says, dancing a little but stopping just short of flair.

Very little other than the bar has been left alone. The long, bistro-level standing bar is gone, opening up the floor to dancers. “House-music people roll deep!†says marketing and promotions coordinator Steven Lockwood of the decision to exchange the once-shallow VIP tables for roomy, square booths with high backs just begging for amateur go-go dancers. The bass is deep, too, vibrating my spine, my earrings and the very clothes I wear. But it’s not overwhelming, and I can still hear McDonald say, “I love it! [Mojo’s] possibly one of the five biggest names in dance music right now.†On tour with Deep Dish and looking all of 17 years old, he is tearing it up, drink in one hand, the outcome of our night in the other. “I’m impressed,†says Jet’s talent liaison, Josh D., “and I’m never impressed.†The headliners will change weekly in 3400.

At the official grand opening on August 13, all three residents will spin, accompanied by Cayce Andrew on percussion, and Faarsheed—now dancing on the bar—also mentions a naughty balloon-animal guy. I leave to the sound of Mojo leaning heavy on the buttons and knobs, drawing out a note for what seems like an eternity. Cutting through the main room, I find the female bartenders also dancing on the bar waiting for the beat to drop on Body Rockers’ “I Like the Way.†I exit Jet in a shower of napkins, the screams of delight sneaking with me out the door.

Xania Woodman thinks globally and parties locally. And frequently. E-mail her at xania@thecircuitlv.com and visit thecircuitlv.com to sign up for Xania’s free weekly newsletter.

You have no idea how ecstatic I am to see this! It's going to be great heading to a venue whose idea of a "house night" isn't 45 minutes of hip hop followed by Sandstorm. :rolleyes:

Me 2! True underground dance music with beautiful women everywhere....cant beat that :getdown:

Bro, I heard the official grand opening topped it all last night...Chris, Faarsheed, & Eddie continue to impress! And Tiesto showed up to show his love to 3400, was dancing around along with a packed house, and at around 3am, decided to jump on for a 1 hour surprise set!!! This is THE surprise of all surprises to me....amazing.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Here are some pics: www.faarsheed.com in the gallery

And here's another article:

Tiesto’s guest visit at 3400 made Norm Clarke’s sighting of the day on his LVRJ website

www.normclarke.com 8.14.07

SIGHTING OF THE DAY

DJ Tiësto, regarded as the world’s No. 1 DJ, spun a surprise set Monday at the launch of Jet nightclub’s "3400: Destination House Music Party" at The Mirage. The star stopped by Jet to check out the scene at 3400 and liked the vibe so much he decided to play an impromptu one-hour set. Tiësto will be playing Jet nightclub Labor Day weekend on Sunday and Monday in back-to-back performances.

I went to Jet on Monday August 6th. All I can say is what a great time. Could have been the best night in 12 days I was there. I bounced or should I say stumbled, back and forth from the 3400 room and the main room. Love that place.

• 2 weeks later...

Monday at 3400 at JET will be insane as they will be the vip room to the Tiesto party....might be tough to get in, but if u do get in, there's good chance you will see Tiesto, Dubfire, Sharam, Erick, & many others hangin out there from what I hear....I also hear Faarsheed has a close friend of his from New York as the surprise guest (hint hint) :getdown:

2007-09-03_Jet_3400_09_03_Flyer_01.jpg2007-09-03_Jet_3400_09_03_Flyer_02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...