Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 10 Tracks - July 2007

Mike Bugout

www.myspace.com/mikebugout

Top 10 July 2007

1. Summer Rain (David Ferrero Vocal) - Aerosoul [CD-R]

-- Around this time of year, I'm a sucker for any tracks that have a 'summery" type feel to them. Not only does this track embody that in the title, but the sound takes you to the summer time the minute you hear the horns hit. A powerful female vocal followed by a soulful piano takes the track to the next level.

2. Platinum (tech mix) - Nenes & Pascal Feliz [High Contrast]

-- This one is peak hour monster. A nice hard kick followed by building elements peaking with a crazy synth line that brings down any house. Huge support from AVB and Tiesto on this one. Huge set closer for me.

3. Suru (original) - Super 8 & DJ Tab [Anjuna Beats]

-- A beautiful track top to bottom. Huge trancer here that builds up to a mellow synth breakdown filled with strings which are then joined by a bassline and then by a matching synth, Always a huge fan of Super 8 & Tab.

4. Are You Dreaming (anthem mix) - Mischa Daniels [CD-R]

-- Another big summer feel track. The drums that' kick the track off are very similar to the electronic hits from "erotic discourse". The break is deceiving, seeming to take the track in a soulful direction with a female vocal over an organ. However then the electro stabs come in followed by the electro bassline that makes the track move.

5. Don't Stop the Music (jody den broeder] - Rhianna [Def Jam]

-- Jody's 2nd time working with Rhianna this summer comes out 100x better than his remix of Umbrella (and I was feeling that remix). Using the sample from MJ and weaving in Rhianna's vocal, he builds the track and uses her vocals to build the energy. This track is gonna be a huge weapon for me for the rest of the summer.

6. Touched the Sky (dennis ferrer) - Quentin Harris [King Street Sounds]

-- Big shout to my boy DJ Anthony Coogs for turning me onto Harris' stuff. This track right here normally is a track that you can find near the beginning of my sets. I really like the way it kicks things off for my sets. A nice combo of the vocals, strings, and a bassline - it gives it a similar feel to david morales' "How would you feel" from a few years ago.

7. Break My Fall (richard durand) - Tiesto ft BT [black Hole]

-- Soon to be released as the remix pack to Tiesto's latest single of his "Elements of Life" album, Richard Durand (thus far my pick for producer of the year) tries his hand once again at remixing a Tiesto jam. Durand takes what in my opinion is one of the bottom tracks on EOL album and turns it into a techy banger while still incorporating BT's vocal. Cannot wait to hear this one at Hammerstein Ballroom at Tiesto's show next week.

8. Fly Away (cosmic gate AND sean tyas remixes) - Vincent De Moor [Combined Forces]

-- The new remix pack of this De Moor trance classic gets the treatment from two of the biggest producers. Normally a Cosmic Gate remix would take the cake for me hands down, but Tyas is also a fav of mine and I couldn't pick between the two, so I'll feature both. Cosmic Gate's remix features a hard synth (reminiscent of their Urban Train remix) before breaking out to the classic synth. Tyas' remix seems to build much quicker with a little more energy. Both remixes are features on my show this month.

9. Time After Time - Tocadisco [superstar Recordings]

-- Toca returns with a new EP that features one track in his normal hard electro style (Aliens) but also features this jem. Rather than keep it with his electro basslines and synths, this track MOVES with some techy drums before exploding into an electro synth. He sprinkles in a sample vocal and the track moves on from there.

10. Kaktus - Mojado [black Hole]

-- Mojado's library of sick techy bangers finally has been released by Black Hole. I could probably almost make an entire top 10 of just Mojado tracks, but I'll limit it to my favorite one, which is Kaktus. As for its construction, the track is very simply laid out. A hard kick and bassline with multiple builds make this track a winner. Add in Mojado's classic energy to the track and that's why I'm rockin it.

Thanks to everyone for checkin out my Top Tracks for the month of July. Don't forget you can check out my mixshow each and every Monday at 4pm and again at 10pm over at www.antifmradio.com and you can catch me LIVE in Sayreville, NJ at Deko Lounge for my residency at WildLife Wednesdays (until we move back to club Abyss in August).

Thanks for the support-

mb

they are not as far as separate tracks, but ive been featuring most of them in my most recent mix shows.

You can see what tracks have been on what shows by checking out the tracklists of my mixshows in the community forums over at www.antifmradio.com My mixshow airs every Monday at 4pm and again at 10pm.

Sometime this week i'll have some download links to the last few episodes of the show posted in my blog on my myspace page

www.myspace.com/mikebugout

thanks for checkin it out-

mb