Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rave at Limelight Aug19...

Just wondering if anyone else was there? This was the first time that I saw Limelight open past 5:30 in the longest time...since before they were closed. The party was awesome. There was even a live show. Anyone there?

------------------

~*~* Women beat their men~*~*~The men beat on their drums~*~*

I was there at 4:45 to pick up my boyfriend and I thought it was horrible. My bf bartends there and he and some other of the bartenders said that it was one of the worst crowds ever. Even some of security was saying how bad it was there. I didn't get to leave until 6:30 and I was miserable. I heard a couple of good songs but after a while it just all became redundant and eventually turned into noise. Just my opinion. frown.gif

Well it wasnt as packed as it usally is by 12 but it did begin to pick up. The music in the beginning was lame, that too I agree with yet I enjoyed it near the end more. In ways I had more fun hanging out with some of the promoters in the bathrooms than being on the dance floor.

BTW, who is your bartender boyfriend? I know some of them.....

------------------

A tan shirt? I dont remember anyone with that. He was actually bartending with my friend that night...Michael. I also know Adam. He was at the bar right by the bathrooms. The red bar I guess you could call it.

------------------

His name is Louis, he was bartending with Mike and Brantley. I was hanging out with Mike for a little while when I got there. I saw Adam briefly after he was done. By the time I got there almost everyone was gone. Louis got lucky by being the last one on. smile.gif

Next time I'm there we should meetup.

[This message has been edited by Rebecca07 (edited 08-21-2000).]

I had an okay time, and the earlier dj (s) were playing good music but screwing up all the mixes. there wasn't one beatmatched record or cd or whatever the hell they were mixing.

just when you'd start to dance, he'd screw up another mix and ruin the vibe.

the people weren't bad. they were trying to make the best of the situation.

the place has so much potential.

i went two weekends in a row to support dave sigmund's part of the party, and it is slowly improving but they need to let his djs play... to prove their skills are far superior to the headlining djs that i've heard so far. they don't mix cds.

OMG. I thought I was the only one who noticed the early DJ kept skipping. That bugged the crap out of me. Who was he anyway????

Davids DJs are awesome though I must admit. They should give them more time.

Hey, did anyone see that live show? I was up in the bathroom talking. Was it any good?

And Rebecca07....we definately should meet up. I think Im going this Friday though. I want to be there for Saturday though because Jeff Mills is spinnin. Ill let you know by the end of the week thoguh!

------------------

Oh and Im not one for poking fun at anyone else but did anyone see the guy on the block by the back bar on the Main? He kept pointing up in the air like he was disco dancing. I couldnt stop laughing. From what I heard, hes at all Limelights raves though. I just found him hilarious. I wonder what he was seeing though....

------------------

I didn't see him but I saw some short guy with big goggles on, I think they were red and he was doing some funky dancing himself. I heard that he's always at raves. He was posing while squatting down. I was like - what the hell is he doing. He did make me laugh; biggrin.gif

Guest crystalmethodny

Hey Bec smile.gif

I tried coming to Vinyl on Friday but got there too late ( I fell asleep, was kinda sick) and was greeted by NY f'in PD

smile.gif

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Guest crystalmethodny

So I heard...

How was Limelight? Getting better, Becca?

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

hey abgrover,

My boyfriend is a DJ for david sigmund...DJ Divine...he was supposed to open for that party but LIMELIGHT screwed us only days before he was supposed to spin...I'm not sure if you've heard him before...he spun at liquids on Thursday August 3rd. Thank you for supporting Sigmund's DJ's we all appreciate it...

We went to Vinyl on friday night and upon getting kicked out by the NYPD we took about 15 people back to our house and ended up having a sick party....he spun some serious tunes.

I'm not sure if any of Sigmunds DJ's will be spinning this weekend but DJ Divene will get his chance to prove himself on Sept. 9th...perhaps you'd like to attend some sick afterhours?

------------------

then there was you...

I was at Limelight Friday.. Got there at around 3am .. I had a good time.. Thanks to the company I was with! On top of Jason Odeja Tore it Up!

Was it really a Rave??

I closed the place at 5:45.. it didnt stay open to late.. 2 Fridays ago it was closed at 5am.. WoW 45 minutes extra.LoL

MyWorld

I was talking to an asian guy at some club (maybe it was Aria? i really cant remember much) a couple of weeks back...just after I had hit LL the previous Sat. He was working on promoting and had his heart set on bringing the place back... said the management wasn't willing to run a more selective door or invest more $. If that's the case the place isn't going anywhere fast... they need new interest. Anyone know what's really going on?