Clubplanet Nightlife Community

so... where are you going to celebrate HALLOWEEN???

weyes

most people go out on the saturday before halloween. i'm still trying to decide where to go, but i at least know i'm gonna skip out of orange county and head up to l.a., definitely to a place where at least one person will know who i'm dressed as! i also want to be at the kind of party where people are nice (spundae-style) and down-to-earth so i can strike up a conversation or two w/ other peeps in good costumes; i hate hollywood joints where people just keep to themselves and have daggers in their eyes. i'd also prefer a type of party where people tend to be more creative (as i said, down-to-earth) and cool and w/ a minimum of ditzy sluts.

any recommendations? i know deepfunk is spinning somewhere (he posted the flyer on another thread). hey, deep - what kind of music is that?

where are you all going?

Well I had my party night on Sat. but I will be going to see a friend of mine in the "Rocky Horror Picture show" at a theater in West Covina Halloween.

We had the most HORRIBLE time on Sat at Monster Massive.

1) The VIP entrance was impossible to find, and when we did we had to go through what I can only call a tame cavity search, and the regular entrance that we almost went through more than once did not have as harsh a search. I had to take off both of my shoes and shake them upside down. throw away my lipstick, and then she felt the area under my bra where the underwire is, which I have had done on a rare occasion, but then she PINCHED MY NIPPLE! WTF! And just cause you went in the VIP entrance did not mean you were automatically in the VIP area. then you had to mush through the sea of people and find it. 2) It was way too hot and humid, and then you had to wait in another line to get your alcohol bracelet, silly me I thought only 21+ could but VIP tickets, hence the open bar thing. Then you had to struggle through the bar line, which I can only describe as a wrestling match, with a plethera of line cutters to get a drink, dam open bar thhh!,

the first time I got an elbow in the eye, yes I know I am short 5'2, but people were just dicks1 , the second time some asshole in line yells out "10mins to last call!" and a mad rush happens, I get shoved into the bar, almost broke a rib, and I have the bruises to prove it! after that i seriously almost started crying and wanted to leave.

I cant believe I paid so much money for so much abuse! :(

so to "Go Ventures" I say go f*#k yourselves! I will never go to a Monster Massive event again!

...so to "Go Ventures" I say go f*#k yourselves! I will never go to a Monster Massive event again!

sanci, i'm so sorry!!!

i had a very similarly awful experience at monster massive 2 years ago and vowed never to go to one of their events again. i'll just give one detail: i was dressed as flavor flav and they confiscated my clock, saying it was "dangerous" 'cause i might "hit someone w/ it while dancing." security was on a power trip and searching for ways to be dicks. i explained that, w/out the clock, no one would know who i was & they would ruin my costume, but they took it anyway. assholes. but the party had way more bullshit than that.

jb, sancib, it seems we all need to get together! deepfunk was telling me that half of the east coast boogiemen (that's juan) is going to be here on sat, nov. 10; i'm gonna go. y'all should, too. it'll be a housey affair (i know sanci's trancey), but i tell you true, the tunes will MAKE your feet move!

Well we dont have anything planned that I can think of, we are going to NYC for Thanksgiving week, so we may not be doing much for lack of money for our trip, But will def let cha know if things change. :)

As for Ms.Weyes, I have been looking at prices for hotels for WMC and the rooms are going pretty fast. I was thinking of staying at the Richmond, it's on Collins and 19th, much closer than last time, we stayed on Collins and 30th. even then I am looking at about $22-2300 for the trip for 5 nights, and that is not including Ultra tix $100pp so $200 for me, and whatever money I spend there, maybe another $600 seeing going to clubs, drinking, and food. and that is being frugal, I think?

I was gonna see if Shorty Star wanted to go as well, she mentioned it earlier this year. Either way, all your booking should be done by the end of Nov. if you want to get decent accomidations.

jb, sancib, it seems we all need to get together! deepfunk was telling me that half of the east coast boogiemen (that's juan) is going to be here on sat, nov. 10; i'm gonna go. y'all should, too. it'll be a housey affair (i know sanci's trancey), but i tell you true, the tunes will MAKE your feet move!

OK, just let me know!