Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FREE RAVE! FREE RAVE!!

THIS IS AN 100% UNDERGROUND EVENT. THERE ARE NO FLYERS - ONLY WORD OF MOUTH AND E-MAILS TO THE PEOPLE THAT SHOULD KNOW. THERE WILL BE 1 TO 2 CHECKPOINTS FOR SCREENING. YOU PEOPLE ARE GOING TO GET A TASTE OF THE OLD SCHOOL! AND FOR THE OLD SCHOOL HEADS... THIS FLASHBACK WILL BE A BREATH OF FRESH AIR!

THIS SATURDAY - AUGUST 26, 2000, SYMPTY BRINGS YOU THE LARGEST FREE PARTY EVER, CALLED "JUST BECAUSE"

OVER 100 PERFORMERS

3 or possibly 4 SOUND SYSTEMS

FREE FOOD - GIANT BBQ

HUGE OUTDOOR LOCATION

All DAY & ALL NIGHT!!!

----------------------

PARTY STARTS: 12 IN THE AFTERNOON ON SATURDAY

PARTY ENDS: ONLY WHEN YOU ARE READY TO GO HOME!

GENERAL LOCATION:

-----------------

NJ - EXIT 80 OFF THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY

DIRECTIONS:

-----------

WILL BE POSTED BY THURSDAY ON OUR WEBSITE AND SENT TO THE SYMPTY FAMILY

MAILING LIST. YOU CAN JOIN THE SYMPTY FAMILY MAILING LIST FROM OUR

WEBSITE.

IN THE EVENT OF POSSIBLE BAD WEATHER...

PLEASE STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE SYMPTY INFO LINE

MAIN INFO LINE - 732.441.2998

OFFICAL WEBSITE - www.sympty.com

PERFORMERS (in alphabetical order): *line-up is subject to change

-----------------------------------------------------------------

any dj's that are not listed...

please bring your records b/c one never knows...

everyone is welcome

5150, 3D, AGENT ORANGE, ALAN SAX, AMADEUS, ARMEN, ATRAY-U, BASEM, BINGUS, KHAN, BODAN, BRIAN PASTE, BRUNO 88, BUSTA DOUGLAS, CANDEEFLIP, CARLOS TERRA, CARNAGE, CHRIS LOVE, CHRIS THOMAS, CHRIS TRENDS, CHUCK AQUISTO, CIRCUIT BREAKER, DAN GARCIA, DECIPHER, DELIRIUM, DHARMA, DJ NAPZ, DJ RU, DJ SEEN, DJ TORRES, DLG, DOC SPIN A LOT, DOUBLE D, DR. PEPPER, DRAE 192, DROB 26, D-V-ANCE, EXCEL, FLEKTONE, FRANKIE BONES, FRAZZLE, FROST, FUNCTION, GLEN GARCIA, GONZO, HECTIC, I B BERTO, JAGZ, JAHRED, JAY GOODWILL, JEVIC, JJ BLADES, JOEY BELTRAM, JOEY CEE, JOHN HOZAK, JOHNNY FAME, JOHNNY HARDCORE, JO-S, JOSLIN, JUNGLE ROLLAZ, KAZ, KAZPA, KECH, KELEE, KIDONE, KLIPROCK, KNOWLEDGE, KOOKANE, MADAME BUDDAFLY, MARK BEE, MC CHRIS, MC OVERRIDE, MC POSI-D, MIKE BLISS, MIKE MYERS, MIND BENDER, MODU, MR. KLEEN, MR. NICEGUY, MR. ROB, MYTH-I-S, NIGHT CHILD, ORION, PAT EGAN, PHILIPPE SNOY, PLEASURE HEAD, POE, PUNCH, RALPHIE C, READE TRUTH, REALITY, REID SPEED, RICH HINGE, ROB DEVS, ROB ELEVATION, ROB GEE, ROSS NEWMAN, SAMSSON, SCORPION, SCOTT RICHMOND, SEAN O'NEAL, SHAI LU, SHIN-E, SHY, SIR HARRIS, SLINGSHOT, SOBI 1, SPACE MONK-E, SPAWN, ST. CHRISTOPHER, STARCHILD, STEPWISE, SURREAL, SYKOPATH, THE DEVER, THE WONDER TWINS, THOMAS FOLTRON, TJR, TOMMY TUNES, TRICKY PAT, UFO, USUL, VITAMINS, WARLOCK, WIGGLE

----------------

My friends checked out this rave and it's true.

BlueA

------------------

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

- Burton Hills

Originally posted by lavkrap:

i can't go this weekend... frown.gif that sucks

Don't feel bad! I haven't gone out for the last two weeks!! Going on my third . . . and I'm not sure I would be able to go either, just posting it to let other people know.

BlueAngel frown.gif

------------------

- Burton Hills

OMG, I really want to go to this thing. If there's a carpool I'd luv to get in on it. Tho traveling like that is risky, like whatif it gets shutdown and all that. I got a comp for LL to hear Jeff Mills.

Decisions, decisions...

------------------

All for fun and fun for all

mbdewey@yahoo.com

blueskygirl...

Jeff Mills, Jeff Mills, Jeff Mills.

No raves 4 me unless I'm camping there.

Get me a comp and you got a date for Sat. smile.gif

- Pete

------------------

------------------------

Do you want me to make it darker? - DT

[This message has been edited by schwingep (edited 08-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by schwingep (edited 08-22-2000).]

Don't blame Blueangel, blame the idiots at Sympty. They promote their rave as " underground " but yet they put it on their website so the world can see and they give out a phone number too to call. C'mon......if you want to do something underground, you do it hush hush.

Underground parties don't exist anymore. Face it...they've become mainstream.

------------------

" I'm still here, I just abandoned my body....."

shadowchaser076@aol.com

shadow...outlaws are alive and well under the cover of darkness deep within the cemetaries and parks of brooklyn and queens every weekend... the true skool shit still goes down with a couple hundred heads and a single generator or car battery...it exists solely by word of mouth...certainly pauly's event is not a true skool underground event (although i dont think they betrayed their goal of keeping this party semi-underground by sending an email to their email list and posting on their website since most who know sympty go to parties anyway)... but i certainly perish the thought of the insta-heads (who have latched onto the scene because it gives them some sort of underground credibiliy and who seem to be turning out at places like twilo) showing up on saturday...whats special about the rave scene is the sense of community, the people who are a part of it who are forward thinking, the music that pushes boundries (not the cookie cutter trance everyone fawns over), the vibe and some fucking dancing like youve never seen before in your life...i certainly want to protect this wonderful community from bastardization with posts like blueangel's...

------------------

AIM: TCBFlash6

AOL & E-Mail: TCBFlash6@aol.com

Hey Freddie, I hear ya what your're saying. An email list is fine, that's cool...but, they promoted this party for awhile. It was plastered all over Ravelinks and on there website. They didn't betray what they believe in, but if they say word of mouth and my email, then its an true skool underground. Having it plastered all over their website and all over the net, it's not true skool. I've been going to raves a long time. I remeber the outlaw parties. They were great. I haven't been to decent rave since April. Last one I went to was 6th Element and it didn't meet my expectations. It actually made me shy away from raves all together. I've been to raves since I was 17, now I'm 24 I don't feel the sense of communities and friendly vibes of raves anymore. Too many posers and thugs. I felt those friendly vibes at Vinyl and at Twilo believe it or not. I've been going to Twilo for quite awhile now and I've seen the " insta heads ". I'd seriously doubt they would go to this party on Saturday. I never heard cookie cutter trance at Twilo. You can find that crap music at other clubs and you know which ones. Plus I got tired of seeing the same DJs at raves playing the same sets over and over again.You can easily know what the next record was going to be played. I don't see it being a bastardization. Raves have already been bastardized by the media. This simple post is nothing.

------------------

shadowchaser076@aol.com

...the parties where the vibe is alive youll have to keep your ear to the rail for..and by all means its not the sixth element or any park rave madness event at exit or a stuck on earth event at some shitty club in queens or any others of that ilk...its that goa trance party under the brooklyn bridge that the kid that works in the basement of satellite is throwing together or a slammin party a local crew is throwing together at an old abandoned airstrip...thats where the vibe is still alive...u feel me?

------------------

I feel ya.....I would love to have my faith restored in the scene. If I didn't hit a rave when I was 17, I don't think I would be here today. Believe me, it changed my way of life. I'm also glad to see there are people like you out there who are truely into the scene. smile.gif

Mad props to you Freddie. wink.gif

------------------

shadowchaser076@aol.com

cool

I'll be at limelight though

back in 93 during storm raves I think I said the same shit.."I'll be at limelight though"

and I regreted missing one of them that was held at the BKLYN scrap yards proubably the biggest one thrown I heard over 5000 attended

but anyway, I will be at limelight though

everyone else enjoy the underground feeling of a REAL RAVE

------------------

When the going gets weird

the weird turns pro...

freddie, I can understand your concerns about how I posted this rave even on the board. However, I have my own reasons as to why I did that. It's mainly because I like to share. I LOVE raves . . . that last one I went to was Starscape in Baltimore and was blown away by it. If everyone could feel what I felt that night . . . well, I just wanted to share this even with the world if I could . . . not because it's offers free entrance or food or whatever but because you have 100 DJs THERE!! ONE HUNDRED!! GOD!!! Can you imagine what types of music they'll have there??!! It would so totally blow you away!!!

I would LOVE to go, but again because of the situation with my sister being PG, I can't. But I wanted to share it with this board because I've never met so many music lover until I started posting on this board. If any body out there could appreciate music it would be a lot of the members on this board.

Again, I can understand why it upset you when you saw this, but my intention was not to "bastardize" it as you put it. It's purely because I wanted to share it.

BlueAngel

------------------

- Burton Hills

i am not questioning sharing...if someone had not shared and offered a glimpse into this truly spectacular scene i would not be where i am today... what i am questioning is the method in which you did it... first off every sheriff's dept and narcotics task force reads this message board and others like it...ive personally had dealings with such agencies so i know this to be true...plus evidence exists to this end as we see undercovers make drugs buys over the internet and adults busted for enticing minors who later turn out to be cops...my point is that you just increased the risk of this event getting shut down ten fold (although sympty didnt do themselves any favors by promoting in the manner in which they did) and bringing more negative attention to a scene we all love. lets face it...in the minds of government and law enforcement parties are the second coming of the plague. not only did you drew the attention of law enforcement but youve also drawn the attention of crackheads, juiceheads and the like...people who come to get fucked up and dont care about the scene... so my point IS to share...share in an email or a private message to your friends or a phone call to some cool heads... share wisely with the true skoolers ...those who will appreciate the scene and have something to add to it...(and there are some on this board that im sure you know personally) but dont broadcast it to the world because there are all too many people who love to TAKE and not GIVE....and those are the people who will destroy something I truly love... peace and love always ---freddie

------------------

Like I said, I understand why you might be upset about this, but at the same time I didn't want people to misunderstand my intentions.

As far as police shutting down this rave . . . maybe in the west coast it might be easier to have "TRUE" underground raves where thousands of kids can get together somewhere in the dessert and party with no signs of cops in sight but here in NY or NJ that's somewhat very difficult. So, I don't think that me posting this on the board informed the police of something that they probably already know.

BlueAngel

------------------

- Burton Hills

read my prior post in this thread...i go to outlaws every weekend in this area...and as to your statement that youre not telling them something they dont already know...trust me when i say that you are...ive seen it firsthand...

------------------

blue,

I appreciate your posting the rave and I agree with you. Someone has to spread the news. This rave was a little TOO underground (I live next door to two of the DJ's on the list, and I didn't even hear about it until now). I'd be worried that no one's going to be there and it'll be lame. The last day rave I went to was kinda like that... pretty lame because no one showed.