Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you want the scene to get bigger, smaller, or stay the same size?

In 2 to 3 years from now do you want the number of clubbers in New York and hence the scnee to double in size.......or do you want it to remain the same size.....or do you want it to shrink in size?????

Do you want it to remain 'underground', or do you want it to head toward the mainstream?

Do you want a US #1 single that is a trance/rave/breakbeat anthem?

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

You don't think that more punters will mean more clubs with better fit outs, that may cater for the 'mainstream' for the most part, but for the rest of the time are there for the 'underground'.......so the fringe scene (d'n'b, hardcore, whatever) is there Mondays to Thursdays?

What about an event like lollapalooza featuring a dance tent?

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

I think the seen has already become to mainstream and commercial. I liked it better about 2 yrs ago when the factory wasnt a tourist attraction and u could actually go there to have a good time and enjoy the music. And Exit is even worse i think. Its like an amusement park instead of a club!! Its just missing rides thats all..

I like it when it gets bigger and bigger such that promoters can bring over any DJ in the world, Sydney for example is very very remote and on the wrong side of the world yet in the last few years all of the big names have played here.....

it can suck though when clueless ppl invade the scene, Saturday nites in particular (all over the world) attracts a commercial, less cluey crowd....

But that still leaves another 6 days a week doesn't it wink.gif

------------------

Speaking completely selfishly, now that I'm in the scene, I want it to shrink back to how it was 4-5 years ago...or at least to how I heard it was...this pristine image of underground culture...PLUR...knowing everyone is ever-so appealing and quite lost these days...(I haven't found it yet at least)

Smaller. Nights like Sasha & Digweed used to be incredible. The music was rockin' all night and it wasn't jammed. Now it's full of folks there for the party, not for the music. It's better to be part of something small and special that not everyone gets to see.

Originally posted by trancenergy:

I don't care if the scene grows or shrinks as long as the music is good and the people who claim to be part of the scene remember PLUR. smile.gif

PS. AND DON'T TELL ME THAT PLUR IS DEAD !!!!

I agree with you 100%.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."

- Burton Hills

In my statistics class 1st year @ colege my professor said that are three types of lies....white lies, lies, and statistics...having said that I'm gonna try @ use statistics here.... tongue.gif

If I'm a promoter and I know there are 10,000 'clubbers' who are into the music in a city, and one in 10 are into techno, I think I'll bring Jeff Mills into town cos there 1000 techno heads, most of them add some hangers on, you've got a nite.....

Now say there's 20,000 'clubbers' who are into the music, and similar ratios apply.....

then I'm looking @ 2,000 heads + hangers on.....

so fuck it, I'll bring Carl Cox into town as well...

and so on and so foth....thiks is why the UK can put on something like creamfields with EVERYBODY playing, cos the scene is so everywhere....

comprehende? wink.gif

------------------

for you, anything... must remember to post that pic on the "what we all look like thread"... hee hee hee..

have a look at www.cream.co.uk

Arena One - Cream

Paul Oakenfold

Pete Tong

Carl Cox

Seb Fontaine

Paul Van Dyk

John Digweed

Lee Burridge

Craig Richards

Sander Kleinenberg

Paul Bleasdale