Clubplanet Nightlife Community

new year's eve review thread!!! (please add your own)

weyes

i went to sublevel's (doc martin, sunshine jones, lillia, jeno, garth...) party in sun valley. i was only there from 12-3, because the music was as dull as a ticking clock. i didn't dance all night. what a disappointment. there was only one room of music, too, which is always a gamble if you're throwing a party, in my opinion.

but the people there were great. i went alone, and i was talking to people the whole time. the vibe was really friendly, and i talked to some really nice people for a while. i decided to leave when the guy i was talking to started hitting on me too aggressively and kept asking me the same questions 'cause he was too fucked up to remember that he had already asked me them 3 times :rolleyes: . his sober friend was much nicer and more interesting.

they have a party coming up around valentine's day and i'd go there in a heartbeat if i only went to parties for the people; it's just that i really love to dance and that music was undanceable. then again, i was only there for 3 hours, and, for all i know, that could have been 1 dj (i believe it was sunshine jones for at least the first part of when i was there). when i was checking out the lineup on the 'net before i went, it seemed really promising. and sometimes you just hit people on a bad night.

but deepfunk had posted a flyer where the hawt crew and the body rock djs were going to be; i wish i had gone there :( .

other reviews?

How funny my friend Efrain also went to sublevel, and he also went by himself. We chatted briefly via cell at about 0430. I dont have pics of my night yet, but as soon as I do I will. We ended up at Spagio in Sherman Oaks, it was awsome. We got all decked out guys in suits, girls in 40's inspired gear, I did my hair with pincurls. They had a jazz/swing band playing, a little dance floor with the older generation showin us how its done, an amazing 5 course meal, 2 bttls Malbeck, 1 btl chamagne. At 0100 we then moved to my house for John Digweed via my soundsystem and lots more drinks. Blueberry/Pom martini's, sake bombs, scotch, and beer. We didnt get to bed until 0700. I really enjoyed my night. :)

I will know for sure by the end of this month, I am suppose to be getting a $2500 bonus at work. If it comes through I will go, cause I know by this point I will be shelling out a pretty penny to go. arg! Oh well, I am still glad I went to NY, and the hub said if we dont make it out to Miami, :boohoo: That we are gonna go to Ibiza this summer whoot whoot!

ibiza :woah: !!! that's my next dream. my family paid for my whole miami trip as my b'day present this year (well, it's kinda combined w/ x-mas 'cause my b'day is the 27th); i nearly fainted from the shock. i hope you guys can go. i can't wait :spin2: !!!