Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exclusive LORD G Interview for BoomBoxGlobal HERE

The Trainwreck - Lord G: Uncensored!!!

BoomBoxGlobal.com Interview

by Artie Cabrera 'DJ MuTT'

1.What is the origin of Lord G? the name and the man, discuss the breaking point and beyond...what put you on the map?

The beginning was pretty much layed out in front of me as soon as I started to practice more and more the more opportunities came to me...!!! DJing for the NYC Famed Cafe Con Leche Parties basically launched my career from bedroom DJ to the nightclub mainroom DJ. We handled the capacity of thousands.

2.Describe your style and why it's tailored for you.

My style is derived from and still holds a foundation of good ol' fashion HOUSE MUSIC and what I mean is if it sounds and feels good then it is good...!!! I mean you feel it in your heart and soul!! I LOVE drums, I"m spanish so expect nothing less from my sets to contain some rhythm and soul...!!!

3.How do you go about programming out a night?

Programming a night is always a challenge It's not programming a night but more like stocking up with floor rocking wall shaking ass swinging pumping jams with rhythm and soul that will stay with a person for a long time... drunk, high or sober...!!!

4.Who are your influences as a DJ and/or Producer and how do you apply it to what you do?

My influences were the first Latin house DJs I ever Knew, Roman Ricardo, Little Louie Vega, Junior Vasquez & David Morales as for producers I would say Louie Vega, David Morales, Quincy Jones, Sergio George and Rod Temperton. Obviously I like distinct styles from them all but thats me in a nut shell....!!!!

5.What can you say to someone who doesn't really know or hasn't seen the industry side of being a DJ?

All I can say is have a strong belief in your GOD given talent whatever it may be and don't let anyone tell you you can't...!!!

6.What's a big misconception when it comes to DJs?

The biggest misconception of being a DJ is that we are like Rock n Roll Stars ... thats bull, no one is like a Rockstar other than Rockstars themselves even they''ll tell you ...but there's nothing like a DJ...!!!!

7.What are your DJ pet peeves?

To have a bossy tech guy that knows less than me about shit...!!!

8.What are DJ's 'do's and don'ts'?…tips and pointers.

DJs do's And Don'ts

DO-

If u can mix

If u can dance

IF u can *&035;&!

DON'T-

If u can't mix

If u can't dance

If u can't *&035;&!

9.What's your most embarrassing DJ moment or strangest occurrence at a club?

My most awkward moment came when I was playing in a big club in Europe and I lifted the needle off the record that was playing. I felt so embarrassed there was about 3000 people in the club and everyone just looked at me ...thankfully everyone laughed it off !!

10.Ever slept with anyone famous, semi-famous or could be mistaken to be famous?

No one famous has ever had the pleasure...lol. or semi...lol...!!!

11.This last spot is for your shout outs, anything random, famous last words or plugs for parties, music or whatever you want.

Just want to say to all those people that have ever lost something or someone they love...

Appreciate what has been and prepare for what will be...

GOD LOVES ALL HIS CHILDREN...!!! Children love your Father...!!!

Love always...

Lord G

www.Myspace.com/LordGNycNY

CHECK OUT BOOMBOXGLOBAL.COM FOR THE HOTTEST DJ MIXES!!