Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JEFF MILLS/LIMELIGHT last night

fuuuuuuuck! i missed my favorite dj last night! i ended up getting way to drunk earlier in the night and was in no condition to go to limelight. sorry kittie, was going to meet ya but as you can see i had some problems. anyway how sick was mill? how packed was LL, and what type of crowd showed up? what time did he finish? ok i don't want to think about it anymore. FUCK am i pissed!!!!!!!! see you for richie hawtin!

Originally posted by glowgirl:

All I can say is that the crowd was going nuts, everyone was out of their minds. The music was orgasmic!!!!!!!!

I second that, I even witnessed Glowgirl having an orgasm! eek.gif

Oh wait, no, that was the girl at Twilo...long night smile.gif

- Pete

------------------

------------------------

Do you want me to make it darker? - DT

Originally posted by schwingep:

I second that, I even witnessed Glowgirl having an orgasm! eek.gif

Oh wait, no, that was the girl at Twilo...long night smile.gif

- Pete

Hmmmm....I saw the same thing....did we happen to see the same chick I wonder ??? wink.gif

------------------

hempleaf.gif

"I want to get high, so high" (Cypress Hill)

Guest bonzai

I THINK I LIKED AKIRA ALITTLE BETTER THEN MILLS. BUT MILLS HAS BETTER SKILLS THEN AKIRA. MILLS WAS SLACKING GOOD SELCTION OF MUSIC

------------------

LULA I DONT SEE YOU

Originally posted by bonzai:

MILLS WAS SLACKING GOOD SELCTION OF MUSIC

dunno about that one?

the old school set he started off with was

fucking off the meter

I started to have flashbacks of 93 being 17, tripping on acid @ the limelight

at one point he played dj Funk's RUN

with another song mixed in, while messing around with the 909

made that amazing song sound ten times better

-maybe it was just the feeling I get for detroit techno

------------------

When the going gets weird

the weird turns pro...

Mills was sick, although his set was short. The crowd was really into him, but as usual he didn't really respond to that. He's all about making his music, regardless of where he is and what the crowd thinks. I just feel fortunate every time I see him. This show was the first time I was actually in a spot where I could see his hands working his machines and it's incredible.

Originally posted by bmlewis:

Mills was sick, although his set was short. .

yup, his set was kinda short, and couldnt believe he was on so early???? im glad we got there just in time, and the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guest list</A> was RETARDED! 25 for list??? wat happened to 20? anyways, i must say that i felt wayyy over dressed. wen i saw the peeps on line, i made sure i took a second look! just didn't look like anyone hada clue who jeff mills was! i just remember the good ol daze (92 last time i was there) at limelite, wen everyone was all decked out. but that was then i guess. the dancefloor was not approachable (too too crowded)until round 5ish wen akira was on....and MAN he put on a fantastic groove!!!! i couldnt stop dancing!

regardless i had a greta time...it was good to see limelite again, and mills pickin up speed on 3 TT's.

yup, his set was kinda short, and couldnt believe he was on so early???? im glad we got there just in time, and the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/ <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guestlists</A> /" TARGET="_blank"> <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guest list</A> </A> was RETARDED! 25 for list??? wat happened to 20? anyways, i must say that i felt wayyy over dressed. wen i saw the peeps on line, i made sure i took a second look! just didn't look like anyone hada clue who jeff mills was! i just remember the good ol daze (92 last time i was there) at limelite, wen everyone was all decked out. but that was then i guess. the dancefloor was not approachable (too too crowded)until round 5ish wen akira was on....and MAN he put on a fantastic groove!!!! i couldnt stop dancing!

regardless i had a greta time...it was good to see limelite again, and mills pickin up speed on 3 TT's.

Originally posted by pyramid:

cool i will, i'm curious why you don't go to twilo? i won't go unless there is a dj i like, but they haven't had any i am into much lately. sept 22 should be crazy

Just curious, what do you think of Carl Cox? I love any great DJ but he makes me dance like no other.

Blue,

Where did u end up afterwards?

I got to Twilo about 7am and musically it didn't compare, but the vibe was awesome.

- Pete

Originally posted by blueskygirl:

OMG, Jeff Mills was off the freakin hook! The crowd was great, too, IMO. Him & Plastikman are maybe my 2 fave djs now. Also, It was great meeting all the messageboard heads!

Peace...

------------------

------------------------

Do you want me to make it darker? - DT

Originally posted by pyramid:

i like carl cox, but the last 2 times i have seen him i wasn't into his set. i do like him though, i have his phuture 2000 cd, but didn't like it much. i go out if dj's like: RITM,mills,hawtin,misstress barbara,selway, and dj's like that.

Please don't judge him on Phuture 2000, an absolute embarrassment. The Sound of Ultimate BASE is his best. I discovered Jeff Mills through Cox's playlist. Wish Selway would come on later at Twilo, but Sven Vath puts on a really good show.

ultimate base is a sick cd and i def. would never judge him on phuture 2000 alone. for me, sometimes i like him sometimes i don't. i saw selway spin 2 weeks ago at the boat party and he was nuts! he is incredible. last time i saw carl cox was when christian smith was also spinning and he is another sick dj.