Clubplanet Nightlife Community

People from PA and Jersey, ever go to philly clubs?

Originally posted by remix4u:

philly is a great place i dj there often ,i live in ny and i like the philly crowd.i dj at transit and i have spun at shampoo in the past to .the crowd is very nice and not once did i ever see a fight.and for robbie tronco he can wipe the floors with every philly dj and alot of ny ones to he"s a good friend.if you dont like the music dont go.if your looking for danny t goto vinals dannys the man and there is not anyone like him.transit trys to book diffrent dj"s all the time.when you see one playing you like then go.i play progressive,tribal,vocal.and one thing i have learned djing for so long is you cant please every one all the time.

What's your name and when have you spun?

-Tracy

I love the idea of a meet up but by the looks of all these threads we'll never agree on a place to do it. I would suggest shampoo only because they always have three different rooms of music, somtimes more ie. outside or transit cause they have two rooms of music and we could all take over the upstairs room.

Keep me posted,

Wacked

Originally posted by atf104:

transit was bangin when DT was there, shampoo is like everything else...progressive cheeze like jp... they paid 10g's i heard for him, unbelievable. And yea mac the blue oyster bar is da bomb, they always ask for you though for some reason. smile.gif

Obviously, you dont like JP. I assume most of the time you hate philly clubs. So where in Philly do you go?

Remix, what is your dj name? I know Paris pretty well at transit but ive never heard of you spinning there? When have you spun??

-Adam

Originally posted by remix4u:

philly is a great place i dj there often ,i live in ny and i like the philly crowd.i dj at transit and i have spun at shampoo in the past to .the crowd is very nice and not once did i ever see a fight.and for robbie tronco he can wipe the floors with every philly dj and alot of ny ones to he"s a good friend.if you dont like the music dont go.if your looking for danny t goto vinals dannys the man and there is not anyone like him.transit trys to book diffrent dj"s all the time.when you see one playing you like then go.i play progressive,tribal,vocal.and one thing i have learned djing for so long is you cant please every one all the time.

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl

AIRTRANCE premiers at Shampoo this Thursday night and it should be fabulous. My friend, DJ Gos, has the best slot - from 12:00 to 2:00am and his box is so damn clean!! I strongly recommend hitting it. Future DJ line-ups are to include Jimmy Van M, Dave Ralph (who was amazing in April), and Sandra Collins. And that comes from a pretty good source - I promise you.

-Tracy

The only clubs I Like in Philly are Shampoo and Transit. Sorry, I have to agree with muthaload, Shampoo is phat! Yeah it can get overcrowded on a big night but it's still phat as shit and the music is good too.

Transit is off the hook, the music is un-fucking-beliveable!!!

Transit is definitely going to be phat Sept 22! I'm so there!!

We Philly heads should have a meet up...whatchya think? confused.gif

Originally posted by tracyshuron:

AIRTRANCE premiers at Shampoo this Thursday night and it should be fabulous. My friend, DJ Gos, has the best slot - from 12:00 to 2:00am and his box is so damn clean!! I strongly recommend hitting it. Future DJ line-ups are to include Jimmy Van M, Dave Ralph (who was amazing in April), and Sandra Collins. And that comes from a pretty good source - I promise you.

-Tracy

Tracy which dj is dj gos? i mean what does he look like? i met a few dj's when i was there on the 12th. do you know dj Dozia? He's dating my cousin, he's pretty phat. Hey are you still going to Studio this weekend??

Philly lost a lot of vibe in the last couple of month. Maybe that is because I was out in NYC for while and before that in Miami, but Philly is not the place to party. Babylon used to be a banging place - no more too many kids (18 and over they are). Transit - too commercial. Evolution - shit hole. Everything else doesn't even deserve mentioning.

The crowds became so lame and music - they keep on playing same shit since last year!

Philly needs a kick in the ass - at least keep clubs open till 5am and get some DJs to spin... Until then it is NYC to party. Nothing comes even close

------------------

mozgi_*_**_**_

Dance f*ck dance

Originally posted by tracyshuron:

-Tracy

I remember that, I didnt even know Dave Ralph was there till I got in there. What a nice surprise that was.

Ive known a lot of people in philly, robbie tronco, dozia, people at transit..etc. My good friend (rahsaan, if anyone knows him..he does lights for robbie at shampoo) is really cool. I liked robbie better back when he played house, but he's really nice, down to earth. Dozia is extremely cool and in my opinion one of the best in philly right now. He doesnt give in and play progressive like everyone else is doing, that takes some balls.. smile.gif Im actually very close to getting a gig at transit right now. Ill post something if it happens. But you all most come to vinyl in a few weeks cause ill be opening for DT... smile.gif Anyway, Im always at vinyl fridays and I usually do a light saturday, movie or something, unless something is really good. But they usually get typical commercial people like R&G, johnny vicious, etc..and thats not my cup of tea. Shampoo can keep me entertained longer cause of all the rooms, but the system at transit is much better. Anyone remember when DT was there...OMFG... it was insane packed!

eek.gif

-Adam

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl

robbie tronco is a dick, so NOT nice and far from down to earth... but anyway

dozia is good.... very nice guy! i know rahsaan, cool guy... be spins at Brave New World, he's pretty good. has great taste in music...

no good places left in philly, the crowd sucks and thats that. shampoo use to be good, when they were more selective on who they let in the club. Miss Pheonix use to work the door and would only let in "fierce" people... now you all the white trash losers from every where coming in, fighting.. silly shit. transit is ok, very commerical... got some lame DJ's there too, except when they have a "special" DJ there. JV wasnt the "bomb" in my opinion... DT was fierce as always, but disappointing to see that Philly people can not appreicate his music. thats the #1 problem here... you have a bunch of kids that wanna be "clubbers" but dont know jack about music. they think that becasue they do E they can dance... kinda funny. babylon was a cool place for a few months... then the usual drug freaks took over and ruined that. 8th street lounge is a cool place to hang out. Dozia spins there sometimes.

i am open to any suggestions on places to go here.... i have basically given up at this point!!

Originally posted by atf104:

Ive known a lot of people in philly, robbie tronco, dozia, people at transit..etc. My good friend (rahsaan, if anyone knows him..he does lights for robbie at shampoo) is really cool. I liked robbie better back when he played house, but he's really nice, down to earth. Dozia is extremely cool and in my opinion one of the best in philly right now. He doesnt give in and play progressive like everyone else is doing, that takes some balls.. smile.gif Im actually very close to getting a gig at transit right now. Ill post something if it happens. But you all most come to vinyl in a few weeks cause ill be opening for DT... smile.gif Anyway, Im always at vinyl fridays and I usually do a light saturday, movie or something, unless something is really good. But they usually get typical commercial people like R&G, johnny vicious, etc..and thats not my cup of tea. Shampoo can keep me entertained longer cause of all the rooms, but the system at transit is much better. Anyone remember when DT was there...OMFG... it was insane packed!

eek.gif

-Adam