Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Other Music Anyone?????

How anyone only like one kind of music is one of those questions I will always wonder. Why cut yourself off from new relms of experiance. I am a fan of all forms of music. Mostly, besides house of course, I listen to PHISH, because they serve up the most variety among their music. The biggest similarity between phish and house music (besides the recreational activities of fans) is the drum and bass driving sound.

What other music do you all like to listen to, why, and what does it have in common with house???

My favorite is house but i listen to pretty much everthing else too, as long as its good music. Lately i have been listening to alot of A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Digable Planets,Pavement,and Pharcyde. You know there are so many other things too but those are the Cd's in my Cd player right now. What does it have in common with house? lets see its all about the funk and thats all you need to know.

I listen to everything, an i mean everything.

I used to hate rock music(except rolling stones, and the beatles) but now i love it.

One of my big loves is keyboard based classical music. But i have a good collection of punk, electronica, disco, Soul (another big love), Just about every motown record ever released, Indie, ambiant, Rap (although i like old school rap).

For me TV & Films are fucking terrible, I seen about 10 films in the last ten years. So i have lots of time for music, which is just the way i like it.

But who cannot get into Electronica, it's the only musical inovation in decades.

I listen to

classic blues and jazz - Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Pearl Bailey, et. al.

contemporary jazz - David Sanborn, Chris Botti, and the rest of the CD101.9 regulars

also like - Tori Amos, Heather Nova, Sara McLaughlin, Sade, D'Angelo, Maxwell, Madonna, and a bunch of other songs by various artists in various genres (except country and heavy metal)

------------------

icon9.giflove.gificon7.gif

i have said it before but i love D'Angelo, guys go to his concerts there full of women(LOL)

No seriously if he doesn't make it big there's no justice in music... bloody NSYNC car't sing dance or make their own music, this guy has a great band, a great voice THE image.

bluefuzzy,

the pharcyde has to be one of the most underrated hip-hop groups around. their two LPs are amazing. the other groups you mentioned also are great.

jaycee aka the slim trim kid

------------------

"i love it when they call me big pa-pa, i only smoke blunts if they rolled prop-pa."

biggie smalls

I mainly listen is electronica now. Been listening it for years. Beautiful noise. smile.gif I rarely listen to rock anymore. Only a few bands out there that can still kick ass. Everything else with the rap/rock shit sounds like on big blah.

I listened to rap when I was younger, Public Enemy , NWA,old skool stuff. Can't stand the new hip hop/rap out now. Big Pimpin, spendin' G's...ahhhh shoot me. biggrin.gif

Here's what I else my ears like:

Garbage (my fav band),Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle,Tool,Mdfmk/Kmfdm, Deftones, Rammstein, Cardigans,Filter, The Cure, Depeche Mode,GodSmack, Fear Factory, Static X, Coal Chamber, Rob Zombie, Ministry, Bauhaus, and some punk(Offspring, Blink182, Green Day) & ska...

Cannot stand country music. It all sounds the same. It's always about break ups, drinking, and always something about a car and a motorcycle. I'd rather do 5 hits GHB than listen to that shit. drunk.gif

------------------

Like a blind man at an orgy, I'm going have to feel my way around. spin.gif

shadowchaser076@aol.com

i agree gonzo anythign but country and that pussy happy hardcore shit but latley been listenign to alot of jazz liek thelonius monk,miles davis, john coltrane, billie holiday

------------------

ALWAYS ORIGINATE NEVER PIRATE.........

I listen to a lot of hip hop, more than house, i save house and trance for when i go out. but the best is old r&b like marvin gaye, otis redding, curtis mayfield, and my personal favorite "the reverend" Al Green. Also Stone Temple pilots kick major ass. POP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

The Funky Frenchman.

I like intricate woven music of any kind. I attend Allman Brothers concerts religiously (at least before they kicked out Dickie Betts) and many parallels can be drawn between their jams and electronica. Also enjoy classical for its intricacies. Good music is good music.