Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ's ---> Approx how many records in your collection??

I think I'm about to push 1000

------------------

it's not WHAT you know,

it's not WHO you know either

It's WHO KNOWS YOU!

We are young but for a short period of time,

Learn and save as if to last forever,

Live and love as if to die tomorrow!

Hmmm...lessee...I never counted!

Guessin..about 100 per crate..4 crates..hmm..I'd say we have 4-500 in my house.. smile.gif

A friend of my roomate was sellin all his old house/techno records (now he's a hiphop guy) for 1.00 each..we went a little nuts smile.gif. And even..oh yes..an original copy of "James Brown is Dead" for 1.00.

-J

------------------

"When you think you've tried every road..Every avenue..Take one more look..At what you found old..And in it you'll find something new"-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

hmmm last time I tallied was about 5,000 a year ago...Id say 7k now probably......Im a pack-rat!

hey did u guys know that you can right off your records as a business expense if you report any of your DJ income??? Its true I do it every year smile.gif Save those reciepts lol

------------------

"Losers try. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen."

Youre right there Russ...i was a mobile dj for the last few years....ran my own business...deducted everything...nice new mixer..records...kaoss pad smile.gif

-Adam

------------------

"Children, come together, in the spirit, OF HOUSE" -Aaron Carl

No lying I'm a vinyl freak - 18,000 to 20,000

I have records everywhere (in and out of print). I've been collecting since '86. I have every disco, freestyle, house, etc. From buying, to record pools, to service from labels. If my house caught fire it would burn for years.

------------------

It's all in the music

DAM!!!I've been buying vinyl since i was 12, I probally have about 20,000 or more records And probally, another 20,000 tracks on mp3 backed-up on CDs ... i have so much music, IT'S SICK & I'm constantly updating my library, I get a total of about 50 new tracks every 2 days on mp3 & vinyl

------------------

dancer-10.gif Put some pep in your step DANCER-11.GIF

I have about 150 - 200 now.

Hey, I just got my turntables last year, give me time.

------------------

There's so many ways to do it, there's so many ways to see.

But the only way to do it, is to do it properly.

~Robert Clivilles & David Cole

[This message has been edited by apt10o (edited 08-31-2000).]

50 tracks every 2 days? really...I know the the top DJ in the world and he gets around 10 records per day...And your talking about 25 records per day and...40,000 song collection, umm...right ok...

I have probably close to 10K by now...

Frankie I'm assuming you have all 40,000 Songs catalogued? and You've counted them all?

Or just an estimate? LOL

-M 2 M

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

it.gif

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

[This message has been edited by ILL HOUSE YOU (edited 08-31-2000).]

Just thinking about it, mp3 technology has only really been around for the last 2 years...that means you'd have to have gotten 10,000 songs per year...that's 27 tracks per day for 2 years...Thats a lot of fucking records, keep it up man, you must be like the guru of all genres of music...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

it.gif

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Originally posted by ILL HOUSE YOU:

Just thinking about it, mp3 technology has only really been around for the last 2 years...

WHAT???

MPEG Layer-3(mp3) was created in 1987 ... the code was captured by pirates (hackers) ... it was used for bootlegging Audio via FTP (file transfer protocol) ... then it went public probally around 93/94 ... I've been collecting mp3s for about 4/5 years ...

------------------

Frankie I'm assuming you have all 40,000 Songs catalogued? and You've counted them all?

Or just an estimate? LOL

-M 2 M

No SMART ASS wink.gif I don't have them catalogued, it was just a guesstimate ... and thats at LEAST 40,000

of all kinds of music, no just electronic

------------------

[This message has been edited by frankie_pep (edited 08-31-2000).]

Im talking about MP3 Technology hitting the mainstream and it was only recently refined over the last 2-3 years...the quality of mpeg since 1987 has not been great, its been revised which is it's current state...4-5 years ago people were hardly using mpg for audio, it's like beta video, used on a limited scale...

by the way how old are you only curious that's all...and still 40,000 songs is a lot of music, i find it hard to believe you get 25 tracks per day as you stated...Music in electronica or mainstream is just not produced at that rate...what are you catching up since the early 1940's?

DT has the most amazing in house studio. he built these crates right into the wall....the entire thing is just wallpapered with stuff....its so cozy too. seein that is what pushed me to start after 7 yrs of saying I was going to but procrastinating!

Lol that being said im only about to break 200, (since January) Remember the first piece of vinyl u got? mine was GIVE ME LUV /Alcatraz and DROP A HOUSE /urban discharge. theres a cute little store across the st from my apartment, disco rama, where if u have an hour u can always find some good old progressive tracks. Its on West 4th st and sheridan sq

MDiva

------------------

--=== Deep into the vibe of house music ===--

xMissDiva19x@aol.com

and still 40,000 songs is a lot of music, i find it hard to believe you get 25 tracks per day as you stated...Music in electronica or mainstream is just not produced at that rate...what are you catching up since the early 1940's?

I have accounts on FTP servers all over the world, you give them something they want and they hook you up, UNLIMITED ACCESS ... I get tons of unsigned shit, promo shit, independent shit, rap, rock,classical, house, trance,etc.

WHY is 40,000 songs/tracks so hard for you to grasp??? I don't get it ...

Oh and I'm 22, but what does that have to do with anything?How old are you?

------------------

Ok - now we all know how many records we all have, but how many do we actually bring to gigs....

For me its 100 (2 Technics bags) for close to home gigs

On the road or air travel its just 50 (1 Bag)

And Ive always got my trusty CD book with all the jamz.... smile.gif

I like to travel light, but Ive seen some of my friends take like 5 or 6 record cases!

------------------

"Losers try. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen."