Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ's ---> Approx how many records in your collection??

Are you trying to Impress me? I have access to ftp sites all over the world to and also receive unsigned, promo and test stuff, whats your point? I was saying that 40,000 records is a lot, 25 songs per day seems like a slight exageration...music isn't produced fast enough to keep up with that, and since you already have 40,000 songs I can't imagine there isn't anything you would have missed...

Something like what B2B said makes sense, if you have nothing and you buy in bulk...I was curious of your age only because in talking about mpeg technology 5 years ago, you would have been what transferring rather large mpeg audio files at what 9.6kbps? must have taken you a long time to build up that collection...

Only because I've been buying Vinyl for 10 years and have close to maybe 10K in vinyl and another 3-4 K in digital audio...and that's a lot...40K is pretty un believeable unless your some kind of record connosieur or collector...it's not like you remember or have use for 40k in tracks...thats all...also means must have alot of really shitty music...

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

it.gif

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Originally posted by ILL HOUSE YOU:

Are you trying to Impress me? I have access to ftp sites all over the world to and also receive unsigned, promo and test stuff, whats your point? I was saying that 40,000 records is a lot, 25 songs per day seems like a slight exageration...music isn't produced fast enough to keep up with that, and since you already have 40,000 songs I can't imagine there isn't anything you would have missed...

Something like what B2B said makes sense, if you have nothing and you buy in bulk...I was curious of your age only because in talking about mpeg technology 5 years ago, you would have been what transferring rather large mpeg audio files at what 9.6kbps? must have taken you a long time to build up that collection...

Only because I've been buying Vinyl for 10 years and have close to maybe 10K in vinyl and another 3-4 K in digital audio...and that's a lot...40K is pretty un believeable unless your some kind of record connosieur or collector...it's not like you remember or have use for 40k in tracks...thats all...also means must have alot of really shitty music...

No I was not trying to impress you or anybody else on this board. You just found it so hard to believe that I had 40,000 some odd tracks. I was just trying to help you understand how my library was so large ... And your DAM right it took a while to D'load that shit, specailly when you have a 133mhz

... sshit, i was lucky if i got 9.6

And Yes, I am "some kind of record connosieur or collector" ... whatever, believe it or not

------------------

dancer-10.gif Put some pep in your step DANCER-11.GIF

atf email me, if u love that song like i do we probably have the same taste in music smile.gif its only 200 rec's now but every single one i love more than the last !!!! what happened to the people that do this bc it makes them happy no more no less -- i think the minute I started depending on it for my income or CARED about competing I would be miserable!

thats just meee tho!

see that look..in your eyes!

Rene

xMissDiva19X@aol.com

------------------

--=== Deep into the vibe of house music ===--

xMissDiva19x@aol.com

I only have 60 records...30 copies of Avenue and 30 copies of Binary Finary, I do a real good job at mixing between them, I can't get enough of those tracks. I just wish PVD would play here more often so I could hear it more in a big space!!! Oh and I also have every PVD CD!!! even the one from Muzik Magazine!!!

biggrin.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

[This message has been edited by schwingep (edited 08-31-2000).]

Originally posted by ILL HOUSE YOU:

Pep 133mhz when? now or 5 years ago, cause there was no 133 5 years ago...

I'm not bullshiting you, Believe it or not ... if you want to make comments, thats fine I respect that, I love to hear what other people have to say, Just get your facts straight, thats all ..

1995,November 1,"Intel announces the Pentium Pro microprocessor, at speeds of 150-, 180-, and 200 MHz, available initially for US$974 to US$1682" www.islandnet.com/~kpolsson/comphist/comp1990.htm

------------------

dancer-10.gif Put some pep in your step DANCER-11.GIF