Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 8/19/08

weyes

weyes has been running into this a lot lately, and is just now figuring it out.

a lot of people seem to be afflicted with FIIJWTGTL syndrome (that's short for fuck it, i just want to go to lunch), and this can victimize others in many different unfortunate scenarios. i discussed this in a recent thread about my union's convention, where people were so lazy that they voted to not even consider a resolution. last week, i was hurried at a doctor's office, partly because the doctor was awful, but also partly because the doc and her staff wanted to go to lunch.

now, i had an appointment for 10:30 and i got there @ 10:15. however, i sat in the waiting room and watched as women who arrived after i did kept getting called in to see doctors (mine included, i'm sure). the packed waiting room, which kept refilling every time someone left, emptied down to just me and 2 other women when they finally took me back to the exam rooms, sometime after 11:40. by the time i peed for them, was measured, weighed, had my bp taken, etc., it was close to noon, which is when the entire office takes off for lunch - a practice i DO NOT understand or support in any industry. if they staggered their lunches, the office wouldn't be paralyzed for an hour and what i'm ranting about here wouldn't happen.

anyway, the doctor was super-rushed, literally refused to answer any questions or listen to any issues, saying i'd have to make another appointment for that :eek::cuss: .

perhaps i would've had more luck if i had had an afternoon appointment, when the doc and staff weren't itching for cheeseburgers.

and that's the point here: afternoon appointments are best, even though they can slice one's day in half and render it useless... it's a trade-off but well worth it.

tune in tomorrow.

Aww Weyes, I am so sorry that happend to you. After 15-20mins you should have gone up to the receptionist and asked how long it would be, cause accidents do happen, paperwork gets lost, dropped, misplaced. Could be they lost track of your paperwork then realized what they did and tried to recoop, poorly of course. But what happend to you is unacceptable, it's their fault, and you shouldnt have to pay for their poor time management. Next time tell the doctor what happend, and if he's any good, he should accommidate you. And hopefully correct the issue with his staff. And see if this office has a customer service line you can call, if not call your insurance and tell them what happend to you. I hope your health is o.k. I use to work for a clinic, and they closed for lunch also, the difference being we didnt schedule anyone after a certain time, and stayed until the last patient was done. If you were the nurse responsible for the last patient out, my co-workers were aware, and handled my load so we all got our proper breaks without sacrificing pt. care. And this was a county clinic, so there is no excuse.

Aww Weyes, I am so sorry that happend to you. After 15-20mins you should have gone up to the receptionist and asked how long it would be, cause accidents do happen, paperwork gets lost, dropped, misplaced. Could be they lost track of your paperwork then realized what they did and tried to recoop, poorly of course. But what happend to you is unacceptable, it's their fault, and you shouldnt have to pay for their poor time management. Next time tell the doctor what happend, and if he's any good, he should accommidate you. And hopefully correct the issue with his staff. And see if this office has a customer service line you can call, if not call your insurance and tell them what happend to you. I hope your health is o.k. I use to work for a clinic, and they closed for lunch also, the difference being we didnt schedule anyone after a certain time, and stayed until the last patient was done. If you were the nurse responsible for the last patient out, my co-workers were aware, and handled my load so we all got our proper breaks without sacrificing pt. care. And this was a county clinic, so there is no excuse.

hey, sanci hand.gif !

the worst part was my time w/ the doctor, and i didn't even go into that much. hey, you're in the healthcare field; could you recommend someone to me? i also need to catch up w/ you anyway! check your pms!