Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYE Giant ID check?

Annuh

hey guys,

I am moving to LA soon from the netherlands (yes the country with one of the best dj's of the world in my opinion). And because I'm big dance fan I may have a problem in LA with ID. I'm not 21 yet. But what is your experience with the giant maximus nye party's? Do they check your ID?

I have a fake ID but it is a dutch one with the dutch and european flag on it and I can talk dutch ofcourse! Will that help me to get in? What are my chances do you think for this years new year? I'll come with a few dutch people and they all have the same dutch fake ID.

Thanks! Anne

hey guys,

I am moving to LA soon from the netherlands (yes the country with one of the best dj's of the world in my opinion). And because I'm big dance fan I may have a problem in LA with ID. I'm not 21 yet. But what is your experience with the giant maximus nye party's? Do they check your ID?

I have a fake ID but it is a dutch one with the dutch and european flag on it and I can talk dutch ofcourse! Will that help me to get in? What are my chances do you think for this years new year? I'll come with a few dutch people and they all have the same dutch fake ID.

Thanks! Anne

when you mention "one of the best djs" who's dutch, you are, of course, talking about the scumfrog ;) . he has moved from the netherlands, though. tough break for you!

anyway, i've been to giant's new year's party a few times, and they have checked my id every time, but that's partly because they make sure it matches whoever's credit card pays for the tickets. i don't remember how strict they were w/ other people. but l.a. in general is pretty thorough.

i would guess, though, that foreign ids - w/ very foreign people - might make them go easy on you, especially if you try to seem kind of lost and clueless about your surroundings. maybe if they suspected you were too young but thought that you didn't know that you had to be 21 before you bought the tickets, they would let you pass.

Haha ofcourse I am talking about him!! ;) Still recovering, the break up was tough indeed.

Okay cool. Well the Giant would be cool! I've heard that LA is not fantastic with New Year. Especially for under 21. Can you recommend something or an other city in California?

Oh yeah if there are great dance parties in LA and you need company. Please contact me haha especially if there are dutch DJ's, maybe I can get in contact with them with my dutchness hahaha :blah:

Yeah they do check I.D.'s, remember they make you filter through turnstyle lines to various single file lines, boys separated from girls then at the end the security guards check your I.D. That was the procedure at ALL Giant events on Hope and Wilshire. So maybe to avoid all the chaos start working on you I.D. at the D.M.V as soon as u get here. It shouldnt be that hard if most immigrants from central america have them. Good luck to you, and if you go you will probably see Weyes and myself there. :)