Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 9/22/08 (a.k.a. everything is broken)

weyes

wowsers - i have been absent for a while 'cause i can't get on the internet on my laptop and i still can't figure out why; i also haven't been to work (why my computer functions) since this problem arose, seeing as i'm sick as, well, whoever got me this damn sick :mad: . i write this on my roommate's computer.

onto the column.

one of my credit card companies sends me checks to use at a lower percentage rate as an incentive to use their services, as i haven't used this credit card at all in a long time. i just threw them out so as not to be tempted to use them. but now that i need to pay for repairs to my car, which got broken into, broken, and had property from it stolen, i have ended up needing those offers.

i called the credit card peeps today to ask for some more of the checks. they offered, instead, to wire money directly into my account, at 0% for a year. they also suggested that they send me a crapload of money - up to $7,000 - so i could pay off other credit card debt at this low rate. my first reaction was to say "no," just 'cause i always say "no" to things that sound too good to be true. but i thought sbout it, and my current credit card w/ a boatload of debt on it has an apr % rate in the teens. even though the 0% lasts for a limited time, it goes to a comparable rate as the current one after that, so i have a year of an advantage.

it just took a little thinking in a different frame of mind.

tune in tomorrow.