Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone wanna join me for the scumfrog on friday, october 24th?

weyes

man - october's gonna be crazy :worry: ...

the scumfrog is my favorite dj (as a lot of you know), and he's never come to spin so close to me; he's gonna be in anaheim and i live just a few miles from the place where he'll be. the problems:

1) it's the same night that my choir has a gig; i'll have to be late/might miss him and i'll be exhausted

2) the last 2 times i've seen him i've designed and printed shirts just for him; i've set a precedent that i don't think i can or should break, and that gets expensive

3) i have about zero dough right now :boohoo: . my car was just broken into = $500 deductable. halloween is coming = costume+halloween party/parties. there are birthdays of 3 important people in my life in october = presents

4) this club (heat ultra lounge in anaheim) looks like it's majorly fake boob/fake tan/fake people, which is not only not my scene - those people really annoy me

5) i'll probably have to end up going alone, which is sad and sucks. my dancing friends don't go out anymore, and my other friends don't and won't go out dancing

anyway, i know i just made it sound awesome :laugh2: ... anyone else interested?

Edited by weyes

• 2 weeks later...

i put in one of the scumfrog's cds the other day and was reminded of how awesome he really is, and i realized i'm being a brat :unhappy: ...

the scumfrog really won't ever be playing closer to my house; i should be thankful. it's on a friday, too, which is convenient. and i'm in so much debt anyway, it really doesn't matter how much more i get into at this point (i know that's not "weyes," but o, well.).

o, and my choir's event was reduced to just a trio that doesn't involve me, so that's not a conflict anymore.

besides, if the club and its patrons do turn out to be wack, he deserves to have one real fan there. it should be kickass :aright: .

wouldn't it be my luck?

after i gained perspective on the scumfrog's gig, i went to his myspace. it's weird; i had a funny feeling that i should just check up on it. perhaps i jinxed it, 'cause it was no longer on his list of upcoming shows. he says it's only been postponed, though, and will be here before the end of the year. it's a good thing, i suppose, 'cause i haven't come up with a new shirt design yet. i have to show my appreciation properly, so it's a relief, in a way.

i'll just keep an eye on his site and start designing :aright: .