Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 10/16/08

weyes

cars, the human body, teeth:

three things whose serious problems tend to worsen if not attended to. it's hard, in these trying economic times, to live by this, as properly maintaining the things above often gets costly... but the old cliche of "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" truly applies here.

as my car started shaking and rumbling loudly when i idled at stop lights, i dismissed it, saying, "it only happens sometimes... perhaps it's not all that important." eventually, though, it got too loud for comfort and i figured it must have had something to do with my last repairs, since this all started when i got my car back from that.

i took it in and was told it was entirely unrelated, however - of course - and another $650 was due. but this work had to be done.

and the only thing with which i can console myself is that, at least, if i had let it go longer, i know my car would've been worse off. if i have to charge money i don't have to my credit card, at least i should feel good that i'm doing the right thing by my car.

tune in tomorrow.